5. Other side

'What the hell? Are you mad?' Virat closed his eyes as he heard the yell from the other side.

'Switch to VC and show me your hand', Rohit demanded.

'U idiot! Kitna bada cut hai? Tell me honestly did you do it purposely to get bhai's attention and you know I will know if you dare to lie now' Rohit asked sternly.

'I didn't do it purposely I promise. But Ro dekh na positive from it is that bhai fed me from his hands and pata hai unhone itna softly baat ki na!' Virat said happily.

Rohit smiled seeing him genuinely happy after so many days.

'Next jo bhi plan hai tera, I don't want to see any scratch on you! Understood' Rohit said sternly. Virat nodded at that like a good boy.

They talked for sometime and then called it a day.

Mahi was staring the ceiling as Sakshi was sleeping beside him. He got up and picked up that thing he had got from study. He went in the balcony with that.

'Today I tried again, I tried again to talk to bhai but he didn't even look at me'

Mahi traced that with his fingers. How it was written on wet pages. How many tears were shed due to his behaviour?

'What did I do? I can't even remember, staying with Ro has harmed my memory. Please bhai just give me a hint Na! I will do anything and everything'

It was Virat's diary from past two years. His feelings put down which was only and only questions asked to his bhai. It's like the diary was his bhai.

'Bhai? Aapko yaad hai na how you massage my head after I get headache. Aaj kar do pls! It's paining a lot'

'Pata hai aaj basketball ka match tha, but I didn't take part. I came home to show you that I got 80 marks in that maths paper. You will be happy with this Na, so will you talk to me? Please'

'You know teacher bhi shocked thi ki how did I get 80 marks but I did it for you bhai. That stupid sums and theorem sab kiya.. please talk to me'

Mahi could not read anything further. He closed the book and hugged it closed to his heart.

Mahi was going to the kitchen to have some coffee to ease the headache he was having. He passed by Virat's room. He opened it with soft hands not to disturb his sleep as he was very light sleeper.

He went close and saw that he was sleeping with the injured hand under his hand putting all the pressure on that.

Mahi softly removed that and kept it on pillow making him sleep properly and left the room.

Virat opened his eyes as he left with a lone tear tickling down his eye and a soft smile on his face.

Cheeku- 2
Not so Khadoos Mahi bhai- 0

Next morning,

'Cheeku uth ja kiddo' Sakshi said opening the curtains.

'Bhabhi it's my after submission holidays for 15 days. Please let me sleep' Virat said pulling the comforter on his face.

'How many days u haven't been to jogging Cheeku? Do you want to get scolded?' Sakshi asked.

'I am sleeping, don't disturb me' Virat said burying his face in the pillow.

'Sakshi' Mahi's voice came from downstairs. She left the room. But hearing that voice Virat too got up and stood near stairs wanting to see what has happened.

'What happened Mahi?' She went near him to see that he was searching something.

'I am not finding the blue file, where is it? I need that! It's important' Mahi said being stressed.

'I will check in the room' Sakshi said and went towards the room.

'Did u find it?' Mahi yelled finding it in the hall.

'No Mahi, it must be in office only' Sakshi said coming back but Mahi was not convinced.

'I have a meeting now, just see if you get that okay' Mahi said and left in his car.

Mahi reached the office only to see a person waiting for him.

'Where is the file? Did you get Virat's signature on that?' The person asked.

'I don't think I should answer any of the questions u ask. Next time call me when your lawyer is present and also learn to take appointment. No one I mean no one gets to meet the owner of Malhotra empire that easily'  Mahi said smirking at the person and went inside.

'Sir, here is ur coffee' His secretary passed him the cup and left him alone.

He opened that diary of Virat to see something in particular.

'Bhai you know I beat Ro in cycle race. You always tell me na how I am smart and fast! See.. please talk to me like you used to do previously'

Every sentence ended with this that 'Talk to me'

Mahi shuffled all the pages and saw that it was only him and him in his diary. He smashed the coffee cup in frustration.

'Mahi there is one problem. We will need Virat's presence' Lawyer informed Mahi.

'No never he will not come Aakash. Not at any cost' Mahi said angrily.

'Mahi understand please, think practically!' He tried to explain but Mahi didn't want to listen.

'LEAVE' He said sternly to which the lawyer left.

Mahi just sat there with his head rested on his chair closing his eyes.

_______

Hi, here is the next chapter.

Do tell me how u like it by dropping ur comments and in-line reactions on what is going on!

Happy Reading!