25. Its life

'Cheeku are you awake?' He asked knocking the room lightly.

Mahi opened the door and saw him awake laying on his side looking outside the window lost in his own thoughts.

It's been 1 month since Virat got to know everything and I got to know how much he loved me. He loved me so much that he was on a mission to find my mother.

Flashback,

'Mahi bhai I know what you told me yesterday was half truth. So now let's not complicate it much and just tell me that whole conversation what happened' Virat said holding Mahi's hand.

They were sitting in the study on the couch after they were done with their morning breakfast the next day of Mahi's outburst.

'Ms. Kamini wanted me to give your custody in exchange of my mother', Mahi said taking a deep breathe.

'But you denied her'

'How do you know that?', Mahi asked surprised.

'I saw the messages she was sending to you when we were in hospital. I was waiting so that you will tell me what was that all about. Her torturing you with that childhood msgs about how she took me. But I was confused as it were just like hints or warnings' Virat confessed.

'Yes I denied her, as nothing is more important than you for me' Mahi said cupping his cheeks.

'Not even your mother?' Virat asked holding his hand which was on his cheeks with moist eyes.

'No Cheeku, not even her. I love her but not more than you. You were there with me when no one was there in my life whom I would call my own. But you came and gave me that love, right and everything'

'Then why you behaved rudely with me?' Virat asked like a child complaining to him.

Mahi got up and looked outside the window.

'The trauma was too much!'

'The childhood memories of you being taken away from me and me locked in that room, Everything was so horrifying'

'She knew I was not gonna leave you ever. Even if I have to die'

Virat snapped, 'DON'T SAY THAT'

'Sorry', Mahi apologized.

'So she told me if I behave rudely with you then she would atleast tell me where my mother was' Mahi said sadly.

'I was never gonna agree to that but deep down that child in me wanted to see my mother'

'And later me being selfish and emotional fool agreed to that' Mahi said burying his head in his hands.

Virat went and kneeled infront of him taking his hands from his head and held them.

'Bhai would it help by me telling you that you are no way selfish. Tell me, did u think that you will make me understand it later when you get to know where your mom was'

'Yes but that doesn't make me right Cheeku'

'I was a emotional fool knowing how cunning that woman was. I should have known that it was a trap. Not she only used my emotions but also planned that custody thing'

'But bhai it's not ur fault Na. From childhood you had your mom for some years who gave u love so it's okay to think about that chance'

'But I took u for granted kiddo. I took ur understanding nature and your love for me granted. I am a horrible person'

'DARE you say my bhai anything, you are not a horrible person!' Virat said hugging him tightly as Mahi buried his face in his neck.

'I am sorry Cheeku, I am so sorry' Mahi kept mumbling.

'It's okay bhai, I am here' Virat said rubbing his back.

Flashback ends.

Mahi knew it was too much for both of them and they could survive together until Virat was on a mission to find mom.

And he did! But it didn't turn out the way we expected.

The result of that it changed Cheeku, he became this silent person who is lost in his own thoughts. It was as if he was burying something in his heart.

Mahi sat beside him caressing his hair, 'Breakfast kare?', he asked as softly as he could the same tone which he used in childhood.

Virat nodded in no.

'Beta, aap weak ho jaoge na aise toh! Please thoda sa for me', Mahi said caressing his cheek.

Virat got up and sat on the bed as Mahi brought the breakfast.

He made him eat a sandwhich and little bit of juice.

'Cheeku, kiddo it's okay. Sometimes we are not successful in some things. It's life! You don't have to get this sad on that' Mahi said softly but Virat was too lost to even pay attention to him.

'Why fate was so cruel on them?' Mahi thought seeing his happy kid lost like that.

Mahi sat beside him and took into a hug to which Virat rested his head on his chest.

___________

Hi, here is next chapter! I was gonna show flashback but I changed my mind to one month leap.

Do tell me how you like this one.

Happy Reading!

Check out my new story.. based on Mahirat: "COUNT ON ME" first chapter is already published! Drop ur comments and reactions!

 based on Mahirat: "COUNT ON ME" first chapter is already published! Drop ur comments and reactions!