11. Some silent moments

They reached home and Virat got down the car. He directly went in his room without saying a word. He closed the door and lay down in his bed.

Mahi and Sakshi saw that but could not stop him.
Sakshi asked Mahi to freshen up and she went to make food for all of them.

In Virat's room:

Virat was laying down in his bed burying his face in his pillow trying to shut off his mind. But it was hardly working.

'His mom? He never felt her absence because with Mahi being there for him he didn't need anyone. But today when he saw her at court after so many days he just felt like 'he has a mom just like his classmates'. He would always listen their tales of their moms and their relations, how sweet and caring they were and always had that image of his Mom being like that. But today his perfect mom dream was broken into pieces!'

A lone tear tickled down his eyes thinking all that.

Mahi opened the door of Virat's room and saw his moist eyes while laying in bed. He gathered the courage and went towards him.

He just ruffled his hair lovingly. And that small action caused Virat to shift his head in his lap.

'Cheeku? Are you okay kiddo?' Mahi asked softly seeing him burying his face in his lap.

Virat didn't say anything. He just snuggled more into his embrace. Mahi just kept patting his head as he understood that Virat didn't want to talk.

Mahi rested his head on the headboard.

'You forgot Mahi what happened in the past, right?' This sentence was echoing in Mahi's head.

How could he forget that horrible 3 years of his life. After that this small bundle of light came into his life which took away all the darkness.

Virat saw a drop of water on his hand suddenly. He looked up to take a glance at Mahi and saw him eyes closed with some tears flowing down his cheek.

Virat got so upset and scared to see him crying like that. He just wiped them with his hands which caused Mahi to open his eyes.

Virat knew Mahi was hiding something from him which was only hurting him. He was gonna make him open up and he had the exact plan for that.

Before Mahi could say something Sakshi called them for dinner.

'You are not coming for dinner?' Mahi asked seeing Virat sitting there.

'5 mins, I have to talk to Ro' Virat said taking his phone from side table.

'Hello' a sleepy voice came from other end.

'Are you sleeping at 9 pm? Dinner nahi kiya na?' Virat asked seeing the time.

'Kaam kya hai bolna! I am tired yaar' Rohit said irritatedly, 'and dinner kiya hai maine! 8 baje kar liya tha'

Rohit's voice indicated that he was really tired.

'So ja! Morning mai call karta hu' Virat said and hanged up the call.

'Cheeku?' Virat's thoughts were broken by Sakshi's voice.

'Coming bhabhi' he said back and went downstairs.

Virat came and surprising both of them he sat beside Mahi. He opened the dish and saw paneer in that.

'I don't want to eat this' Virat said seeing the dish.

'Why Cheeku? I have made it! U like matar paneer na..' Sakshi asked.

'Nahi bhabhi, I don't want to eat this' Virat said.

'What do you want to eat?' Mahi asked him understanding why he didn't want to eat paneer now.

'Pasta!' Virat said thinking for a min.

'Okay I will make it' Mahi said getting up when he was stopped by Virat's hand holding his.

Mahi got scared for a min that Virat will deny about him making food as he was upset and angry at him.

'Aapka dinner pehle finish karo. You have only taught me that not to get up while having food. Did you forget?' Virat said and Mahi sat down on the chair again.

Virat went and sat in the hall watching tv. He was switching the channels for half hour.

'Bhai jaldi karo, bhuk lagi hai' He yelled from the hall.

Mahi had just got glimpse of his old Cheeku as he used to do this always. Because Mahi bhai would never allow him in kitchen.

'Ha 2 mins Cheeku' Mahi said back and Sakshi was just enjoying the moment at that time.

Mahi brought it in the hall and sat beside him passing him the plate.

'Garam hai, aap khilao!' Virat said passing the plate back to him.

Mahi fed him slowly still thinking that all this is a dream. But if it was he wanted enjoy it fully.

'Bhai dessert chahiye?' Virat said showing his puppy eyes.

'Kya chahiye dessert mai?' Mahi asked softly.

'Ice cream' Virat said.

'Mahi don't, he catches cold immediately' Sakshi said knowing how cranky he becomes after that.

'It's okay, for today we can have it' Mahi said making Virat grin like a child. He went to order it.

'I am going to bed' Sakshi said knowing this will go for sometime now. She went and kissed Virat's forehead lovingly.

'I am so proud of you Cheeku!' Sakshi said cupping his cheeks to which Virat smiled and hugged her.

'I know this had disturbed you a lot but just know that I am always there if you want to talk about something which u can't with Mahi' Sakshi said lovingly.

'I know bhabhi' Virat said back and she went in the room.

Mahi came back and sat beside him to which Virat kept his head in his lap. And took Mahi's hand and kept it on his head.

After sometime once Virat had his ice cream. They again sat in silence.

'I am sorry Cheeku' Mahi whispered audible to Virat.

'Ek baat batao? Were you really scared about me going to that lady' Virat asked holding his hand but not looking at him.

'Yes, I can't loose you but I also wanted your happiness. I know it's not with her but I didn't know if you ever wanted mother's love. So if she changed for you then she could give you that' Mahi said softly.

Virat didn't say anything but just hugged Mahi by his waist.

'bhai?' Virat mumbled still hugging him.

'Ha Cheeku?'

'This is not a dream, I am here with you' Virat said and closed his eyes with Mahi patting his head.

________