11. The Call

Hello! A/n here.
It's almost gonna be 3k views now and thank you soo much. Unfortunately I've been feeling a little down after I accidentally read some stories from 2016 which were really cringe and now I wanna die. Anw, hope u enjoy this chapter <3
________________________________________

*atsushi's pov*

It's been a week since me and Akutagawa went to investigate Sotoba. I don't know why I felt that place was... Unsettling.. Not because it was abandoned and creepy but something else about that place...
"The Demon Prodigy"
Who is that? Why have I never heard of him? I know very less about the Port Mafia but still.. I looked at Dazai-san messing with Mr.Kunikida. I don't know why.. Maybe out of curiousity I asked,

"Urmm.. Mr.Kunikida.. Do you know anything about the 'Demon Prodigy'? "

As I said the following words, both Kunikida and Dazai-san stared at me.

"Where'd you hear about him? "
Mr. Kunikida asked me.

"Oh.. Well.. I heard it somewhere and I just can't get it out of my head. "

"Hmm.. Much isn't know about him. What I know is that he used to work for the Mafia. His face and other information such as age and etc were unknown, they said he was one of the most wanted criminals. About 2 years ago, he was declared 'dead' or 'missing' and just like that, he was forgotten. You search it up online if u want to know more I guess. " Mr. Kunikida finished speaking.

"That wouldn't help, it'll just be a waste of time. "

"Huh? What do you mean Dazai-san? "

"You see.. They didn't just announce the Demon Prodigy 'dead' or 'missing'. What happened was that all the reports, documents, files, trails and evidences, basically anything that proved that someone like that existed disappeared. And so the military and the government had no proof that the 'Demon Prodigy' existed. So, no matter how much u search, you won't find anything regarding the Demon Prodigy. "
Dazai-san finished explaining as I just stare at him.
"Dazai-san... How do u know soo much about the Demon Prodigy? "

Dazai-san went silent for a second, as he was about to speak, Naomi comes in through the door "Atsushi, there's a call for you. "
I leave the room and go to attend the call.

________________________________________

"Hello. Atsushi Nakajima here.. "

"Oii Jinko. I have a good news and a bad news. Which u wanna hear first? "

"Huh? The good news I guess? "

"Okay, so I found Asuka's hideout and I'm there right now. "

"What! Really? "

"The bad news is that I heard them talking about attacking the agency. Again. But Asuka is no where to be seen here. So i guess that's also a problem.. "

"WHAT? THE AGENCY'S GOING TO BE UNDER ATTACK? "

*phone hangs up*

"HELLO? "

________________________________________

As Atsushi puts down the phone, Junichiro and the others surround Atsushi. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE AGENCY'S GOING TO BE UNDER ATTACK? WHO WAS ON THE PHONE? HOW DO THEY KNOW? "
They've been listening too, how couldn't they, Atsushi was basically yelling.