15. To Break 'em From The Inside

"What do you mean you can't tell me right now! "

"Dazai.. I promise I'll tell you once I get back from work. Please stay here and don't go anywhere till I get back. "

________________________________________

*Kunikida's POV*

I now had the clear picture of what was going on. All I had to do now was to confront him, but how....

I was walking towards the Agency. The real Dazai is at my apartment. So if the other Dazai shows up to work, it could mean only one thing...

The Dazai we've been working with this whole time..
Is none other than the person we're after...

Asuka Akari

________________________________________

"Good morning everyone. "
I say as I enter the office at exact 7 in the morning. There, I see Atsushi and Akutagawa. It's kinda hard to believe that these are working together without trying to kill each other.

"Morning Mr. Kunikida! "

"Are you two the only ones here? "

They shake their head in no and Akutagawa spoke up.

"Miss. Yosano is in her clinic treating Kyouka. "

"Treating Kyouka? What happened to her? " I ask.

"Nothing serious, she tripped and fell and scraped her knee. " Answered Atsushi.

"And others? "

"Well.. Nakahara-san is with Kenji and Tanizaki. They aren't here tho. They're investigating outside. "

"Hmm.. And what about Dazai? "

"Oh Dazai-san hasn't shown up yet. "
Replied Atsushi.

"Are you sure he isn't dead? "
Asked Akutagawa.

"Huh? What do you mean? "
Replied Atsushi.

"Well.. The way he's always talking about suicide and endearing death, I'm seriously concerned. Have you ever thought about taking him to a therapist or something? " Said Akutagawa.

"Well.. Uhh.. "

________________________________________

Kunikida had been thinking about the whole situation.

Dazai immediately left Yokohama after receiving the email which was he surprisingly received right after completing the mission. Which means that the person whom we saw first time on the camera was Asuka. But if that was Asuka, that means the person who's been working with us this entire time can't be Asuka. But then again, Nakahara said that the information on the file was altered and that it was wrong. Which means we don't know the details about Asuka's real ability. Then again, it's possible that the Dazai with us is just Asuka with contact lenses. If the information we got from Ranpo-san turns out to be false, then taking fingerprints won't be any help either..

I hav one last theory, what if, Asuka wants us to believe that his ability has flaws? It's possible that Asuka purposefully left his fingerprints so that we would think that he's not Dazai but his ability doesn't actually has any flaws and HE was the one who's responsible for Ranpo-san, President and the Mafia's Boss being missing?

I FINALLY GOT IT!

DAZAI was never with us!

IT WAS ASUKA ALL ALONG!
HE is pretending to be Dazai to get close to the Agency and destroy us from the inside!

________________________________________

Word count: 490