20.) I Miss You

As Honey sat on her breathing machine, she could hear Ross in the kitchen making breakfast.

It had been a good two weeks since the asthma attack, and she could only think of the way it felt to be with Tristan. It was a test of faith to have so much shit gone wrong in such short time. To have it feeling more grievance than joyful. Honey had temporarily lost it after having her asthma attack, but not a moment before Tristan compared her to Lea.

She missed him. She could see his smile and feel his arms around her. She could smell his scent as he held her against his chest while they lay in his bed after making love.

She would sit down and talk to him again. She knew where her head and heart were, and maybe if he had decided he really didn't want Lea, then she would go back and see what was up.

She knew she had to take it slower this time. She couldn't just dive in head first again. The last time, she bumped her head.

Honey turned her breathing machine off and joined her daddy in the kitchen. He had gone out and bought breakfast.

She could swear she heard him moving around like he was cooking, but she wasn't complaining.

For her, he got a croissant and fluffy eggs with sausage patties, strawberry jelly, and orange juice.

"Thanks, old man."

"You welcome. Aye, you cain't go into no nail shops, little girl."

"Daddy," she complained. "It was one asthma attack in eleven years."

"Let's not make it two in two weeks. You dun already admit to wheezing the last time. If I have to chaperone you, I will. Don't play this game wit me, Honey."

She rolled her eyes, assembling her food into a sandwich. She ate silently and grudgingly.

When she finished eating, she took her shower and called Kara to ask whether Myia was ready. Kara was just combing her hair.

Honey had been coming for Myia a couple days a week just so that she wouldn't think Honey had neglected her, and Lea brought Anastasia by a few days during her week.

When Honey showed up to the house, she knew that Tristan had gone to work and put it in her mind to call him later in the evening.

She took Myia with her to the movies and then to have lunch. She really did adore the little girl and being a big sister. Myia was the sweetest thing.

"I have dance class today," Myia told her. "It's at four."

"Shit," Honey mumbled, calling their waitress over to her for boxes and the check. When she dropped Myia back off, Tristan was home on lunch, and Honey went into the kitchen while Kara took Myia.

"Tristan," she said softly, taking his hand and looking up at him. "I miss you."

"I miss you, too, Honey. Every day."

She put her arms around him, laying her head on his chest. He put his arms around her and held on tightly, not willing to let her go. "All I want is you, Honey. My only business is you and my baby girl. That's it."

"That's all I need to know, then. I'm ready to be yours again."

He took her ring out of his pocket. He'd carried it every day in hopes she'd come back. He'd just hoped that she would wear it again and say she was his until their dying days.

As the ring slid on her finger, she knew she would wear it and not give it back. She knew that this time, it was forever. She was ready for this commitment and to take the next step.