xi.

WARNING!

This chapter includes: child abuse, forced feeding, implied/referenced eating disorder.

The child abuse is the first scene.

The forced feeding is inside the first scene! If it is particularly triggering, the specific part starts in bold at: "I'm sorry. I-I just..." and it ends at: "A gentle touch..."

You have been warned!

•••

    It was completely silent around the dinner table. Yuzu pushed around her barely eaten food, eyes momentarily glancing up towards her twin sister. Karin was slowly chewing her third bite, now going on for five minutes, and gives an almost non-existent shrug before glancing over at their big brother.

  Ichigo sat to the right of their father, food still untouched while Isshin was eating his second plate. His smile was plastered on his face despite the pallid color and his twitching fingers.

  This wasn't meant to happen, but Isshin forced them all to have one more "family" dinner before Ichigo leaves for his "trip". Kisuke hasn't given the sign to head to the shōten yet, but Ichigo wants to leave this house. He needs to.

  "Ichigo, what are you doing? Eat your food!" Isshin exclaims loudly, his food filled mouth not even hindering the warning in his tone. The flinch couldn't be completely stopped and Ichigo pales even more as he forces his eyes to stay downcast.

  "I... I'm not hungry, Goat Face," Ichigo answers calmly, voice pitched to be cheerful. And he really isn't hungry.

  He knows that tasting the food will just make him sick from the sour taste and even the thought of food makes him feel ill. Normally he struggles to eat normally and he can usually force himself to eat something, but it doesn't help that he's feeling anxious about what will begin tonight. The start of the mission to save Rukia.

  "Eh? What do you mean? Yuzu slaved over this dinner and you're just gonna let it go to waste?! What a big brother you are!" Isshin states loudly, placing down his plate and his chopsticks.

  Yuzu and Karin both tense, heads snapping up. Yuzu swallows and slowly turns her head towards their father.

  "Goat Face... It's okay! I can save it for one of us tomor–"

  "Don't defend your big brother! He can't be wasting the food you cook and I pay for!" Isshin interrupts with a deepening frown.

  "...I'm sorry Goat Face, Yuzu, but... I'm just not hungry!" Ichigo restates before he finally forces himself to look up at his father. His eyes remain pointed at Isshin's nose, refusing to even see any hint of the anger in his eyes.

  "Eat your dinner."

  The smile freezes on Ichigo's face as his stomach rolls. "I'm... I'm not hungry..."

  "I told you to eat your fucking dinner!" Isshin shouts before reaching a hand forward.

  A cry is ripped from Ichigo's mouth before he could prepare for the hit that makes him fly out of the chair. He bites his cheek and a stab of pain hits his lower stomach. He's gonna pay for that...

  "Kill 'im! Gut 'im like a fish!" Kazuki screeches loudly, pushing up to the front of Ichigo's mind. Ichigo keeps him back with a wince as a headache forms.