Twenty Eight

"Do you want to come in for a bit?"

Elora's question completely stumped Atlas. Once their bus arrived, they had sat side-by-side, holding hands and listening to Atlas' music while the bus drove them to their stop. When they got off the bus, she had tucked herself under his arm and they walked the rest of the way to her house like that, talking quietly to each other.

Slowly, Elora untucked herself from his hold and turned to smile up at him shyly. "It's just, um... My parents are out for the night and I'll just be home all by myself. It would be nice to have some company, but only if you want to."

Atlas was already nodding his head in agreement before she had even finished speaking.

With a little laugh, Elora grabbed his hand and practically skipped up to her front door with him in tow. After unlocking the front door, she led him inside, shutting the door behind them. She turned to face him, unable to stop her bright smile.

"You hungry?" She asked. He just shook his head, watching her curiously. She tilted her head, "Do you... want to watch a movie or something?"

"Sure," He managed to reply, though his voice was thick. He had no idea what to do with himself. They were completely alone and they had kissed. His head was swimming.

"Great!" She didn't seem to have the same worries as him as she dropped her bag by the front door and shrugged off her coat. He followed suit and hung his coat on the rack next to hers. Then she was taking his hand again, leading him through her home.

They reached her living room and she walked straight over to the couch, grabbing the TV remote on the way. Atlas just stood there for a second unsurely as she turned the screen on. How close was he supposed to sit to her? Did she want to cuddle with him?

Elora found his hesitation completely endearing and relieving. The butterflies in her stomach calmed as she realised he seemed just as nervous as she was. With a smile, she curled up into the corner of the couch and patted the spot right beside her.

Shaking himself from his thoughts, he sat down as she requested and watched as she scrolled through some movies. "Any preferences?" She asked softly.

"No. You pick," He let himself settle into the comfortable couch, trying not to overthink.

"Okay," She whispered, scrolling for a moment longer before picking a random comedy she'd never seen before. "Have you watched this one?"

He shook his head and she seemed satisfied with that answer. She turned the volume up a bit before placing the controller on the coffee table in front of them. When she leant back, she turned into his side, tucking herself against him and resting her head on his chest.

Immediately, he relaxed and put his arm around her, his hand resting on her waist. They quietly watched the movie for a good half an hour, slowly becoming more comfortable. Her head rested just beside his neck, her hand on his chest.

At some point, her focus moved from the movie to him. She watched as he swallowed, her eyes tracking the movement of his Adam's apple. She couldn't help herself. Leaning forward, she softly pressed her lips to his neck, right over his pulse point.

A quiet, strangled sound left him at the contact and his head fell back against the couch. He had instinctively opened up more of his neck for her and she grinned. She leaned up further and pressed another kiss just under his jaw. Then another and another.

"Elora," He whispered, sounding breathless.

"Is this okay?" She asked softly, pressing up on her knees so that she was face to face with him.