Spencer pt 2

Dinner went amazing and I didn't think I could laugh so hard in my life. Spencer was by far the most Reddit humored person I'd met, I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet. We'd shared an Uber and stopped over at my place for a few more drinks.

As I opened my apartment door my sweet little kitten rushed over. Without thinking I swooped her up into my arms and Spencer just stared at me.

"What?" I questioned him.

"You said nothing about a cat!"

"Oh, well she's not crazy or anything but I can put her away if you want?"

"What? Fuck no I want to pet her! I have cats too." He explained.

I laughed, motioning for him to hold her. He quickly leaned closer to grab her out of my arms. As I watched him petting and playing with her I couldn't help but smile. After a while she ran off to relax in her own bed.

"She likes you." I laughed.

"Sweet, now I have no worries if I come over again."

I blushed a little at the idea of him being around my apartment more. Shaking my head I went into the kitchen and grabbed some drinks from my fridge.

"I don't know what you prefer but here's a seltzer." I offered.

He shrugged and opened one.

"So do you like working with us?" He questioned me.

"I actually love what I do. And my coworkers really help. I think we've all worked a job where we can't stand at least one coworker."

"That's for sure." He said.

Our conversation started to die down and I was at a loss of things to say. We already knew a bit about each other from work. And I think the idea of him being my supervisor made me afraid to ask certain questions.

I sat next to him at the kitchen island where I had a few stools.

"Soo.." I started.

"I'm also out of things to say." He added.

"That's a first." I joked.

"Hey now I can barely get a word in when you talk at work." He jabbed back.

We both laughed and I nudged his shoulder, getting a little closer to him. He looked over at me, both of us thinking the same thing. We leaned in and just before our lips met I stopped.

"Should we be doing this?" I whispered.

"Do you want to?"

"Yes." I said quickly.

Without another word his lips met mine and I melted into it. Both of us turning towards each other. His hand made its way up to my cheek,  then brushing through my hair. I smiled as he pulled away.

"Worth it." I said, both of us laughing.

(I wrote this while on hold with my internet company... don't become an adult.)