A Rainy Day

Chapter 2

A month has passed and already I feel like dying. My mom has left for another week, leaving me alone, again. Although I do love being at home by myself. It was raining. Today was just perfect, I love a good thunderstorm. I just sat down on the couch and started to watch some adventure time. Two hours past and I wanted to cleaned up the house, it was looking pretty messy. In three hours the hole house was clean, it's still raining too. The thunder stopped a while ago but its raining really hard and it looks like it's going to be like this tomorrow but I could be wrong. I went back to the couch and watched more TV and played some videos games. I started to fall asleep but before I did lighting struck and all the lights went out for a second and turn back on.

"What the fuck!?" Five minutes past and all of a sudden I heard my door bell ring. I slowly got up and walked over because I was a bit scared to open the door. I'm a big chicken and I hated anything scary. When I get to the door I look through the peep hole and see a woman. I open the door and out of nowhere Alexander pops up behind the woman. I stood there in shock, this must be his mother.

"I'm sorry to bother you but do you have any light bulbs, our power went out" the poor women looked like she took a shower. "I don't know, ill see if I do. Please come in you must be freezing, I'll get you both a towel" as the both stepped in the house there was this strange vibe. Not from the women but from him. That boy give me the chills and I don't like it.

"I'll go see if I have any in the garage" I was looking everywhere for them and I looked up and see they where on the top shelf. I'm 5'1 so it was hard getting them, I started to jump but no luck. I don't have a stool to reach up and grab them. Out of nowhere Alexander reaches up and gets them like it was nothing He was about 5'8. So he was really tall compared to me.

"Are these the light bulbs" I've never heard him talk before. His voice was deep and harsh but it was gentle, soft. As the air flows I was smelling his cologne. I couldn't move, he stud above me and looked down at me. Speed you idiot, don't just stand there 

"Ye-yes umm, those are it. There are four in there so use them well" He gave me a smile and a nod. What is wrong with me. Use them well! Of course he's going to use them well. We walked backed into the house and they said there thanks and they were about to leave when the Alexander mother looks back at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get you name" without hesitation of course I told her my name.

"Skyler, Skyler Wood. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask. May I know yours" For some odd reason she felt off about me knowing her name but she started to get a little more comfortable and spoke.

"Emily Harsh, and don't worry I won't be. Have a good night" I watched as she went in her house to make sure she and Alexander made it into the house ok. They shut the door and I shut mine.

I'm in my room and I see Alexander put one of the four light bulbs in his room. I saw as his room was filed with the lights of the bulb. He seemed to be happy, he stared at it for awhile with a smile. You know he doesn't look that bad with a smile on his face. Then he started to unpack the rest of the boxes that he had is his room. Wait, how come they were the only ones with the lights out. They probably had bad light bulbs.

I walked over to me bed and got comfortable and started to fall asleep. Sleeping is so wonderful, you get to dream about what you want to be. You can be a pirate and a queen but nightmares are something you fear, they take what ever you want to be and make it something different. I didn't have a dream that night. It was a nightmare I haven't had in a long time.

I'm a kid again, I'm at this park with a red ball. The ball was rolling away and I see it hit something sharp. When the ball popped something came out of it. At first it was small but then it started to grow bigger. When the figure was big enough I new what it was. It was my father with a gun in his hand. He walked closer to me and points the gun at me.

"Did you think you're someone special. You're the reason you're mother and I are getting a divorce. I love you're mother, I just new a kid would fuck everything up. You did this, how dare you!" at this point he was already at my face, yelling at me. I tried to run but I couldn't, I was stuck.

"I'm sorry daddy. Please daddy, I didn't mean to. I swear! My hole body was just shaking. I didn't know what to do. I was 6 years old. What could I do. He grabbed my body and threw me to the ground and kicked me in the stomach.

"This is what you get you little bitch" I look at the gun and see him pull the trigger. I was yell like crazy! Someone please help me! But then I heard someone........er.....yler.....Skyler! Come on wake up!