14 | Confession

Yeonjun helped Beomgyu with setting up the gym for asking Taehyun out the following day during lunch. Yep, he was one of the obnoxious type. And, by helped, Yeonjun means he and other students did the entire thing for Beomgyu while the younger just went on and on about how 'his Taehyunnie' deserved nothing but perfection. Yeonjun wanted to beat Beomgyu up for dragging his ass while everyone else was out here busting theirs, but he had to remind himself that it was for the greater good.

Helping Beomgyu with asking Taehyun out wasn't exactly part of Yeonjun's plan. His real plan was to get everyone to vote Beomgyu and Taehyun Homecoming king and queen. Yeah, Homecoming queens are typically girls, but for the sake of his best friend, that small aspect had to change. So, Homecoming king and king it was.

Yeonjun had to do it so inconspicuously so that neither Beomgyu nor Taehyun would catch on, and it was hard. He had to get at least over half of the Homecoming attendees to vote for Taehyun and Beomgyu, but that, surprisingly, wasn't even the hardest part. Literally everyone thought that it was time for them to get together already. Yeonjun thought that this was honestly kinda sad the more he thought about it. Now, unsurprisingly, those same students are the ones that offered to help.

Homecoming was now in two days. Beomgyu so badly felt like chickening out, but his hyung was one hell of a stubborn and persistent bastard.

Beomgyu triple and quadruple-checked the work his peers did before giving the thumbs up for them to go and fetch Taehyun.

Mustering up the courage given to him by his hyung's very likely not empty threats, he stood tall in the center of the gym. The place looked rather nice. Beomgyu had no idea how his classmates managed to do all of this given the tight timeframe. A lot of the girls helped with it though, so Beomgyu thought that kinda checked out. The girls in his school were always fully stocked with party supplies. The gym was decked out in streamers and there were sparkles and confetti on the floor. Right above Beomgyu was a banner that read, 'Homecoming?' with 'say yes!' in parenthesis underneath. This was yet another thing Beomgyu had no idea how his classmates did. He swears that some kind of magic was performed right under his nose.

Meanwhile, in the cafeteria, Beomgyu's classmates had gotten Taehyun to follow them with the excuse that Beomgyu needs him in the gym and that there was no time to elaborate. Those last words sent a slightly panicked Taehyun to follow Beomgyu's classmates as they ran off silently giggling to themselves.

Taehyun ran to the gym and pushed the huge doors open. "W-what happened? Is e-everything okay?" he stammered frantically, out of breath.

His panic didn't allow him to notice the change within the environment, but it quickly registered when he saw Beomgyu standing there with that huge sparkly banner above his head. He slowly walked toward Beomgyu, taking in the sight of the rest of the gym. He saw some people from a few of his classes and even some he didn't think he'd ever seen before.

Taehyun soon found himself right in front of the older. He let out a shaky breath before asking, "H-hyung.. What is all of t-this..?" Taehyun knew damn well what it was. But he didn't want to believe it. His hands were shaky and his palms clammy as the older spoke.

Beomgyu grabbed the younger's hands and intertwined their fingers, not noticing how Taehyun's breath hitched.

"Taehyun-ah.. I-I know this isn't much, in fact, it was very last-minute... B-but.. I really like you. W-will you go to Homecoming with me?" Beomgyu gave a soft smile while he waited for the younger's response.

Taehyun just stared at the older as he processed the words that were just spoken.

"Hyung.. I... I-I can't.." he softly spoke.

Beomgyu's smile dropped. He wanted to ask why, but the younger had already dropped his hands and walked out of the gym. Tears stung the corners of his eyes. It wasn't supposed to go like this.

Yeonjun told Beomgyu that Taehyun liked him back. Yeonjun told him that everyone could see it. Well clearly, everyone is blind. Because if what they said was true, why did Taehyun reject him? Beomgyu felt betrayed. Was this all just a setup? Nearly everyone he knew at this school just saw him get rejected. The same people who swore up and down that his feelings would be returned.

He let out a bitter chuckle and hung his head low. He didn't want to see the probably mocking gazes of those around him. And he didn't want them to see how his tears fell at a rapid pace and how his face was beet red with shame. He quickly walked out of the gym, not bothering to spare a single glance around him.

Fucking embarrassing...