Road to Peshawar

AN: Sorry once again for the wait but here is episode 11 

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

« ⋅ʚArsiaminaɞ⋅ »

╚═══════════════╝

The road to Peshawar was long and harsh, we rode for long periods of time with few brakes, and even now as we were about to rest for the night, something felt amiss. Farangis stepped back towards the group and spoke up, "The djinn are in a rather foul mood. It seems there are bloodthirsty folk nearby." The hair on the back of my neck stood up as my nerves grew. Not again. 

"Those pursuing us?" Daryun asked even though the answer was pretty clear. who else would it be?

"So, they have caught up to us. we were forced to take many detours to avoid the ambushes, after all." the obvious was explained by Narsus as he stood by Daryun arms crossed but his guard up.

There was rustling in the trees above and Geive showed himself. "I swear... This has been an uneasy journey." he jumped down, landing in front of Farangis before flirting with her once again. "The one good thing is that I am with you, Mistress Farangis."

"For me, being with you is the one stoke of misfortune, though." had it not been for the situation, we probably would have all laughed at Her reply as she walked away from him and more towards the group.

"Farangis Mistress! You are a priestess who serves a god! You must not be false to what is in your heart." 

But before we could cut in, Faranfis looked over her shoulder and gave us warning, "It seems this is n time for jests." From afar, we could see the torch lights.  So we quickly got on the horses and left. I rode with my brother once again as to not restrict our best fighters.

It did not look like we would outrun them so Daryun stopped us and asked for us to go on ahead. "Go, I'll handle matters here." He didn't let us talk him out of it before he turned and quickly left. Narsus stopped us from following him by holding onto my brother.

"Your Highness, Daryun will be alright. We should go on ahead."

"He's right. As much as I don't like this, Daryun is one of Pars' strong fighters if not the best, He can handle himself. We just have to trust in him." With Narsus and I's words of encouragement, Arslan nodded and we continued ahead. 

It didn't take long before arrows came flying at us from our left, Narsus quickly cutting them down before they hit anyone. "We are charging through the woods! Protecting their Highness' comes first!" And with those words, we charged ahead.

AS we advanced in the woods we slowed in a clearing and looked behind us only to find two missing.

"Wait, were is Narsus and Farangis?" My brother asked, the others looked behind as well to see they are not there.