Arrival

Sorry, it took so long. I'm quite unmotivated. There are no excuses. I'm going to try to finish this as soon as I can, but I've been more into a few different story ideas. 

Please don't be afraid to comment on anything you would like to see happen in this story. I hope you enjoy 

 I hope you enjoy 

╔═══════════════╗

« ⋅ʚArsiaminaɞ⋅ »

╚═══════════════╝

"We will be at Peshawar shortly, Your Highness." After our latest encounter with the Lisutaniain army, we continued our journey discreetly through the mountains with Geive, guiding us forward. " You must be tired, but please bear with it just a while longer." Elam continued from beside us. I had barely even noticed him join our side.

"Yes, I'm fine." my brother replied gently. I nodded along, my eyes heavy. I hadn't slept properly for days, let alone last night. "But this is the farthest I have come in my entire life. There must still be many lands that are unfamiliar to me..."

"And you, your highness?" At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to answer his question. But Elam is a friend now, so telling him a bit about me wouldn't hurt.

"Me? I once traveled to Sindhura for a political visit." My mention of Sindhura made Arsland tense. He hated the engagement and wished I wasn't forced into it.

"Really? What was it like over there?" Elam asked.

"Very warm," not wanting to elaborate more, I let the topic drop. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy my time there. on the contrary, the music and food were amazing and and they treated me amazingly. It was what followed that made me upset. I get that as a princess. My life is pretty much chosen for me. But I would like to find love, not just marry a man to strengthen an alliance.

"Have the both of you ever heard of the legendary cities far to the southwest?" Although I had read about them in books when I was young, I knew my brother wasn't into reading as much as I did. He shook his head, indicating that he did not, and let Elam continue. " Far to the southwest of Pars, there is a vast desert of nothing. Beyond it are the city of bronze and the city of pillars, which are only spoken of in legends and old books."

"To think that such places exist!" My brother replied as excited as ever.

" When I become a man, I hope to visit those places and study the lost histories and legends." I smiled softly at his words. his dream was admirable. If only following one's dream was so easy for everyone.

The conversation continued between Elam and my brother for a bit longer until Geave interrupted them to show us the view of Peshawar from atop the hill. The view was magnificent with the vast land and snow-tipped hills.