Kyler's Humiliation and Epiphany

Dedicated to AgentofDreams989 and kirsty1345

Yasmine and Moon looked up to see Kyler walk through the hall with Brucks at school. However, Kyler's usual swagger had since transfigured into a meek walk, and he kept his eyes lowered a little.

"S'up, Front Wedgie?"

Hearing the voice, Brucks and Kyler stopped walking, and Brucks then gave Kyler a sympathetic expression, which reminded Yasmine of how it was similar to the one Moon had given her that one day.

Now, knowing the voice was talking to Kyler for a change, Yasmine secretly smiled to herself. Now Kyler knows how it feels to be in my shoes and being called that nickname for once.

"What happened to this place?" Kyler asked as he and Brucks resumed their walk through the hallway. "I go to London for one summer, and the rejects are running this school?"

Brucks shook his head, a little irritated at Kyler's words. "I'd be a little nicer, Kyler. Half the kids in school know karate now."

"Does that make the guy who gave me the front wedgie Prince of the Geeks?" Kyler wondered. Seeing Brucks' expression, Kyler wished he could take the words back. Uh-oh, wrong thing to say.

"You didn't hear?" Brucks queried. "Apparently this other guy Jack Davenport took the fall for Hawk, saying he was the one who gave you the front wedgie, and not Hawk. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want Hawk to get into trouble for getting back at you the way he did. And now, I see his point.

"Anyway," Brucks added after a moment, "after the fight, Jack's parents moved him to a private school. They even put their house up for sale."

"Well, there's some good news," Kyler replied.

"Maybe for you. I feel bad for Jack's friend Sebastian Wong. He and Jack have been friends since they were little," Brucks stated, his words tempering Kyler's enthusiasm somewhat.

With Yasmine and Moon were Sam, Aisha, Tory, Hawk and Demetri. They watched as if from afar, and exchanged smiles. Thanks to Moon's influence, Brucks had decided he'd had it with the bully he'd become and thanked Moon in helping him become a better person; as soon as Kyler returned from London, Brucks gave him a stern lecture, saying he was done being associated with the bullying, and Kyler also had to change if he wanted to continue being friends with Brucks.

Eventually, Kyler found a female classmate, Emily Jones, who was wearing a cast because of having gotten a broken arm and felt an acute twinge of empathy for her, as he could relate to her over how being a laughingstock felt.

*********************************************************

With that, Kyler walked up to her, his desire to bully her and her fellow students having grown less and less stronger over the last few months. He then asked, "You have a marker?"

Emily reached into her jacket pocket with her good arm. Pulling out a red marker, she held it out to Kyler, who gently took it, pulled off the cap and put it on the flat side of the marker for safekeeping.

"Cast?" he asked.

Emily held out her cast; taking his time, Kyler began to write the words "I luv your big heart ~Kyler" on the surface of her cast. Deep down, he was against vandalizing a girl's cast like his other self did to Demetri's, and for obvious reasons.

After he finished, he capped the marker, and gave it back to Emily; she accepted it, and then looked at his inscription. When she looked back up at him, her eyes were sparkling and a smile had spread over her face, much to his relief. "Thank you, Kyler."

Kyler's initial smile faltered a bit as he realized something. "After being introduced to the front wedgie like Yasmine was, I now see why she pulled a Heel-Face Turn and became more humble some time after Moon apologized to Aisha at the lake, which I heard about through grapevine gossip." He lowered his gaze, as he knew his bullying self probably would've done the exact opposite (except he'd stop himself from drawing a dick on a female classmate's cast). "Also, I now realize how it feels to experience vicious bullying-slash-humiliation myself. Sucks to have everyone laughing at you."

Deep down, Kyler was appalled with his other bullying self. How had he not seen? His other self treated others badly, plain and simple. Gosh, how narrow-minded had I been?  

Also, Yasmine showed she'd learned her lesson and changed for the better by showing empathy to those she'd once picked on, whereas Kyler's bullying self showed he'd learned nothing by putting on the same usual bully act like he always did.