Decisions and consequences

Vrmm.

Vrmm.

Vrmm.

Groggily turning around on the couch, you didn't bother opening your eyes as your felt around for your phone. Bringing the phone closer to your face you answered the call,

"Hah?"

"Y/n!"

The voice sounded incredibly hoarse and you were barely able to understand your name, before your brain could fully wake up the voice continued,

"Yew er igh I soreh... pley cah yuu berin mee sum medi-in?? *cough* *cough* ughh..."

The gears in your brain began turning slowly as you opened an eye to see what poor soul had called you. The brightness off your phone burned your eye as you read "☆Marnie☆". Replaying the gibberish that left her mouth, you guessed she was sick and that she needed help.

Sitting up from the couch you looked at the time on your phone, "4:56AM". Taking a deep breath in an attempt to become more awake,

"... A fool. That's what you are."

"Ay noe..."

"I'll be there in like 30 minutes."

"Thaank..."

Shuffling to turn the light switch on, you began getting ready while checking the bus line.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Putting your jacket on and grabbing your bag, a few packs of medicine in there as you weren't sure which one she needed, you quickly wrote down a note for Rui so he'd know.

Exiting the apartment building you started making your way to the bus stop. It was still dark, though you could tell the sun was going to rise soon, the clear sky couldn't hide the incredibly soft ombre as the horizon was ever so slowly lightening.

Now at the bus stop you sat down on the bank, you still had a few minutes left before the bus should arrive. Impatient as you were, you grabbed out your phone in an attempt to entertain yourself and to make time go by faster.

Putting your headphones in and turning on a random playlist you had, you went through your notification. You noted that Rui hadn't texted or called you yet,

'He's probably still asleep... like I should be right now,,,,, I can't believe Marnie! At least she was smart enough to admit being wrong right off the bat.
....
Is she really that sick though that she can't get up on her own? Or why didn't she call her parents, they live closer to her and wouldn't hesitate to stay by her side all night if she were sick...

Damn it! Now I'm starting to feel bad for her even though this is literally her suffering the consequences of her own actions! Ughhh'

Glaring into the sky you stopped thinking about the stupidity of her logic,

'Whatever. I didn't have any plans for today anyway... just us waiting for the table at home and then struggling to build it... And I didn't even get an email confirming that it's arriving today! Shitty app, how hard is it to tell me if it's even in this damn city or not!?

...

Ok I'm getting way to mad about this, I need to chill'

Before you could get too lost in thoughts, your attention was drawn to the bus that was nearing towards you, you stood up and walked to the bus stops sign, bus card in hand so the driver knew you'd be getting on.