Chapter 4 Devouring Martial Soul

An ancient wizard!

Ye Tian's curiosity was aroused. As far as he knew, wizards were a mysterious and rare profession in the Divine Continent, belonging to the type of hermits who lived in the mountains, low-key but powerful, and not to be underestimated.

It was rumored that wizards could refine pills that were helpful for cultivators, but they could also refine pills that would harm them. They were proficient in various evil spells and appeared weak, but they were actually very strong beings.

In the history of the Divine Continent, some wizards traveled around healing people and saving them from disasters, while others used evil magic to sacrifice demons to gain evil power. These wizards were known as taboo witches and were hunted down by martial artists throughout the continent.

Overall, wizards were a very rare and mysterious profession. In the Baiyun Town area, Ye Tian had never heard of any wizards appearing before.

"I wonder what kind of wizard this is..." Ye Tian muttered to himself, becoming more curious. He continued to read through the sheepskin scroll.

Although the sheepskin scroll was small, it was densely packed with thousands of characters. Ye Tian read it carefully, not missing a single word.

Through his careful reading, Ye Tian discovered that the sheepskin scroll was actually a record book of the wizard Balata. It not only recorded various witchcrafts and pill refinement methods, but also contained some of his daily life records.

"I was born without a martial spirit and couldn't become a martial artist, but fortunately my master took notice and I became a rare wizard..."

Ye Tian suddenly felt envious. Although Balata couldn't become a martial artist without a martial spirit, he had been valued by wizards and became a powerful wizard.

"I was curious about why one cannot become a martial artist without a martial spirit. Why can't I create a martial spirit? This curiosity gave me a new direction to explore when I mastered witchcraft. I decided to create a martial spirit so that everyone in the Divine Continent could become a martial artist!"

"Hmm?"

When Ye Tian read this part, he suddenly stood up and brought the sheepskin scroll over to the oil lamp to carefully examine it. With the light illuminating the parchment, the content on the back of the sheepskin scroll appeared in his line of sight.

"After countless attempts, I finally found the mysterious connection between the martial spirit and the physical body. Some martial artists with a martial spirit have a mysterious energy in their physical bodies that attracts the martial spirit to reside within them. I call this energy 'Martial Spirit Energy'."

"On the other hand, physical bodies without Martial Spirit Energy cannot attract a martial spirit and therefore, the person cannot become a martial artist... This discovery has given me a direction to create a martial spirit."

Ye Tian became excited and his eyes shone as he eagerly looked at the content on the back of the sheepskin scroll.

"After many tests, I found that the martial spirit is innate and difficult to create. However, I created Martial Spirit Energy..."

Cannot create a martial spirit?

Initially, Ye Tian was very excited, but suddenly he felt like a bucket of cold water was poured over his head, and his eyes dimmed. However, he persevered and continued to read on.

"Although I cannot create a martial spirit, I can use Martial Spirit Energy to attract a martial spirit to reside in the physical body without one. I call this 'possession'."