Prologue

.·:*¨༺PROLOGUE༻¨*:·.

     The shattering light of the endless and countless souls of the long-dead cast mystifying shadows across the fields of grass that spanned further than the eye could see. Each blade was darker than coal, sharper than steel, destructive as fire. The lonesome dappled silver trees were scattered across the landscape, their luminous barks shone as bright as stars in a vast, empty sky. Only the crying and screaming of the dead echoed in the atmosphere – the poor, hopeless wails of anguish and despair.

     The only standing structure was a castle, its facade as pure and white as the tree bark. It was surrounded in a pale mist from top to bottom, as if it was only a figment of imagination, ready to disappear at a moments notice.

     A young woman walked towards the gates of the castle. Her eyes were like a crimson sunset – a beautiful aurora of tones of red and pink. Long incandescent silver hair flowed past her shoulders and trailed after her every step. She wore an elegant gown, celadon-green in colour with gold trims. Her toneless expression seemed to harbour an underlying heartache and melancholy.

     The castle guard shot her a glance as she paced closer, before opening the gates enough so that she could slip through. Inside, the castle was decorated with a patchwork tapestry running beneath her feet. Along the walls hung strange nomadic depictions, the beings in which locked their eyes on the woman as she passed their frames.

     "Oh, Legend Ruby!!" A young boy, no older than 15, ran towards her, tones of apprehension carried in his voice. "Thank the gods you're here, something very urgent has happened!!"

     She glared at the boy. "Do not thank the gods for anything they've done to us," Ruby snapped, before regaining her composure. "But please, recount the event."

    "I- I think it's best you see for yourself..."

     "Whatever do you mean?"

     He jerked his head in the direction of another set of large doors. "Throne room."

     Agitatedly, she strolled down the long corridor to the doors. What could have possibly happened?

     The doors flung open by themselves. Inside the room, there stood 3 thrones, each in their own unique colour pallet: red, blue, and green.

     A woman strode over to Ruby. Her dark-blue eyes echoed with deep thoughts and long-forgotten wisdom. Her hair was scarcely concealed behind a thick cloak, decorated with markings of nebulas.

     "Evergreen, what has happened here?"

     "Ruby, it's Lapis... she's gone."

     "I knew this day would come..." She sighed. "Sister could never be truly contained."

     As Ruby opened her palm, a luminescent figure of a warped creature appeared. "Let's just hope she's made the right choice, for she is our only hope..."