Chapter 1

.·:*¨༺CYLESTA༻¨*:·.

     "Ah, name one better way to spend a lunchtime on a day like this?" I muttered, licking the grease off my lips.

     "Uhh, maybe actually being outside?" Willow retorted, "Or, you know, not eating extremely greasy KFC..."

     Honestly, you'd think for a girl of her virtue that she'd have some taste. I wonder why I'm friends with her sometimes.

     We'd just made it over the hill to Camp Half-Blood, the safe-heaven for all demigods. The two of us trotted through the strawberry fields that bordered the camp, as a disguise to any mortals who tried to enter. The sweet scent of nearby sycamore trees flowed in the air, along with the opulent intone of chatter from the dryads and nymphs in the nearby forest. An immeasurable supply of sunlight poured out into the fields, as if it were the last shimmering rays the sun would ever shine.

     "When we get back to camp, should we do some battle practice? Capture the Flag is soon, and I can't wait to crush you and the other Hermes kids again!" She asked, with a mischievous wink. Her dark-blonde hair glided down her back, having an angelic glow in the sunlight, while the slivers of azure-blue and silver flowed like kelp along the stream.

     "Ha, you think you can go 1v20 again, Titan Girl??" I snickered deviously. "We will triumph over you, and settle this dispute once and for all!"

     Then, from in the distance, an unmistakable voiced shouted, "Willow! Cylesta! There you are!" Andy, a Hypnos kid, came running up the hill towards us, still suffering extreme bed-head, as his golden hair looked worse than a pigeon nest.

     "Looks like your boyfriend is coming..." I muttered to Willow.

     "He's- No, he's not- I don't even-" Ha, I love making her go all stutter-y and red by doing that! Personally, I don't see what so amazing about him.. He's a great guy and all, but he'd spend 20 hours asleep if he could, with the other 4 for gobbling down food like a vacuum cleaner. I would be a much better partner than him... But eh, what can ya do? I can't control who she likes any more than I can control the way the stars move.

     "It's okay, I'll scare him off," I laughed to myself, before pulling a few bits of loose wiring and rubber-bands out of my pocket. I attached them together just so, and, chucked it at Andy. 

     POOF! The rubber bands shot at him like bullets, before stopping seconds later.

     "What's wrong with you??" Willow whispered aggressively.

     "Hey, I've had that idea all day, just be glad I didn't use it on you.."

     Andy walked over, flicking the bands off him. He smiled gently and sympathetically at Willow, before turning to me and sarcastically muttering, "How nice to see you too, Cylesta."

     "Pleasure is returned, Sleepyhead," I smirked.

     "Andy, would you like to join us practicing for Capture the Flag?" Willow suggested sweetly, a harmonious warmth in her tone.

     "Um," Andy murmured like a kitten, "Dunno if I should, seeing as we're on different sides."

     "Oh, the sides have been chosen?" She asked.

     "Yeah, you and Cylesta are on the same team."

     "Aww no," Willow and I groaned simultaneously. Now I won't be able to show her my new battle moves during the game... I thought to myself, while Willow's expression seemed more likely to be harbouring the thought: Now I won't be able to destroy her and her siblings...