(1) PARTED YET PROMISED

Before and after storm the scenario seems too serene

Before and after storm the scenario seems too serene. Not serenity, it would be better to address that as silence. Before the arrival of storm there's silence in tension and afterwards there's silence of torment. The heart which was tensed before the storm tried it's spirit amidst the toughness of post effects of storm so that next day could be a better one, and like this one day the disastrous effects had to lose its dominance.

Subhadra was going to face the days brought by the biggest storm of her life, the days containing the length of thirteen years resulted due to the dice game.

She woke up with a new sunrise in Dwarka. She arrived at there yesterday. It was going to be her first day in Dwarka, the first day to start her role as a single parent.

After waking up she headed towards her balcony. Soothing sun rays wished her good morning. She saw Abhimanyu along with her brothers was doing warm up before practicing yoga. That sight reasoned a serene expression over her face.

She headed back to her chamber, completed her bath, and sat before mirror to get ready. Before she could start two pairs of affectionate hands joined her.

"Bhabhi maa! Rukmini bhabhi! Greetings to both of you," Subhadra stood up quickly as soon as she sensed her sisters in law.

"Are we unexpected here?" Revati made Subhadra sit.

"It's not that, but at this early hour!" Subhadra exclaimed once more.

"Before your marriage your sisters in law used to make you ready for your day, right?" Rukmini was taking out hair accessories for Subhadra.

"But I don't need much adornment, Bhabhi! At least not in these days," Subhadra uttered the last phrase in low voice.

"We know that, Gudiya. We will make you ready as per your choice," Revati assured Subhadra while braiding her hairs.

"If you won't let us then we have to call Satyabhama, and you know about her strictness regarding this," Before Subhadra could say something Rukmini's playful warning restricted her.

"So, better sit quietly like my obedient Kanha," Noticing Subhadra's normal expression Revati initiated a motive of making Subhadra smile.

"Your brother in law and obedient!" This time it's Rukmini who exclaimed.

"I don't know about others, but for me my Kanha is obedient, and my Gudiya too," Revati caressed Subhadra's hairs before putting veil over it.

The ladies exchanged smiles among themselves. After getting ready Subhadra walked straight into garden. It was her routine to visit garden every morning for plucking flowers and for admiring his prince charming Arjun during his practice, of course.

Abhimanyu along with his brothers and cousins was doing yoga. Subhadra stood at a distance examining them. Abhimanyu and Shrutakarma's faces reminded her of Arjun. Abhimanyu had the cheerful gesture of Arjun while Shrutakarma had the calmness of Arjun.