ƖƦƠƝ ƧƖƧƬЄƦƧ

The Institute - Alyssa's Spare Room

Alyssa was standing in front of an easel, drawing in a large sketchbook mounted on the easel with a stick of charcoal. She was singing softly along to the lyrics of the song she was playing from her phone which was connected to a Bluetooth speaker in the room.

She didn't seem to notice it but she was in a trance. One where she wasn't aware of what she was drawing. It wasn't the first image she'd drawn in the last two hours. She had just finished drawing when the door opened, bringing her out of the trance and making her look up to see who it was. It was Izzy.

"I was pretty sure I locked that door when I entered." Alyssa remarked, moving away from the easel to turn the music off. Izzy just waved her stele at her as a way to explain how she got in. "Ah, right. The ever trusty stele of every Shadowhunter. Who needs a key when you have that?" Alyssa said with a smile as she sat on the bed.

"Funny. Anyway, get cleaned up, you're coming with me to visit the Iron sisters." Alyssa raised an eyebrow at her.

"You've been cleared for mission?"

"Yes."

"Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you have a demon wound on your shoulder that was yet to heal?"

"I'm all healed up now and Aldertree confirmed it before clearing me for the mission." Alyssa donned a skeptical expression.

"I see. And just to be clear, who else is joining you on this 'oh so wonderful field trip' to the Adamant Citadel?"

"You." Izzy replied.

"And..."

"And Clary. She wanted to come so she can distract herself and find something to do."

"Yeah, I don't think it'll be a good idea for me to tag along. Not because of Clary." Alyssa pointed out before Izzy could say anything. "I have other reasons. Besides, I kinda wanted to be with Jace today. We haven't really spent any time together ever since he came back. Ever since he returned, there's always been something getting in the way and messing things up."

"And since today seems like an uneventful day, you want to take advantage of it." Izzy added with a smile.

"Yeah. I know you would have loved for me to go to see the Iron Sisters with you today but I can't. Not today, not when I'm still angry at one of them."

"What?" Izzy was confused.

"I know some of the Iron Sisters. One of them is my aunt. Her name is Cleophas, and I'm not quite ready to see her. She and her sister did something to my dad years ago after he became a werewolf, and I haven't quite forgiven them for that." Izzy nodded in understanding.

"I understand."

"Yeah. Although, if you do see Sister Magdalena, extend my regards and tell her she owes me a rematch."

"A rematch?" Izzy asked, confused. Then it dawned on her. "Oh my God! You trained with the Iron Sisters."

"Yeah. It was when I was just beginning my training and before I shifted for the first time. Aunt Cleophas told my dad to let her train me. That was before I learned what she had done. Both she and Sister Magdalena trained me before I got sent to one of the Institutes to avoid complications.
I still used to go back occasionally like once a month until I had my first shift. My Aunt immediately ended my training with her when she found out and that's when my dad finally told me everything. Luckily for me, Sister Magdalena didn't seem to care that I was part werewolf. She continued to train and spar with me."

"Wow, I can't believe you were trained by not just one, but two Iron sisters." Izzy gushed.

"Yeah but how about we keep that on a DL."