Chapter 6: Bop to the Top

From that point on, everything seemed to turn back to normal at Fraçoise Dupont High. Adrien and Marinette were able to get a handle on practicing for championships and the decathlon all while rehearsing for the callbacks. Surprisingly, a lot of cliques started to become more accepting of each other and even started to become friends. Adrien and Marinette felt a lot better with the support of all of their friends. While everything was at peace, they still had Chloe and Sabrina to worry about.

Chloe strutted down the hall singing her callback song to herself with Sabrina in tow. She wore a thin white sweater with a beige long-sleeved mini jacket and a matching skirt and heels. Sabrina was wearing a long-sleeved sweater dress that Chloe had approved. They both halted in the hallway when they heard voices coming from a room. They both leaned a little closer to listen. Chloe gasped in offense at how good the singing was. Of course they both knew who those voices belonged to. And Chloe wasn't having it.

"Wow, ....they sound good." Sabrina nervously concluded.

Chloe rolled her eyes at her before she thought about it. They actually did sound pretty good, and that was a serious threat to Chloe. Something had to be done. "We have to do something." She ponders as she starts to pace the hallway. It wasn't a second later until an idea sparked in her head. "Okay, our callbacks are on Thursday, and the basketball game and scholastic decathlon are on Friday. Too bad all these events weren't happening on the same day... at the same time." She explained smugly.

Sabrina looks at her with a puzzled expression. "Well, that wouldn't work out because then Adrien and Marinette wouldn't be able to make the... Oh." Her expression brightened for a second at the realization. She puts a hand on Chloe's shoulder in admiration. "I'm so proud to call you my BFF."

Chloe's smirk faltered for a second as she nudged Sabrina's hand off of her shoulder. "I know." She tells her confidently before they both make a beeline for Miss Mendeleiev's office.

They searched for her until they spotted her in the auditorium. During their discussion, Chloe utilized her schmoozing skills to convince the drama teacher changing the date would be the best way to ensure the safety of the theater program. Miss Mendeleiev was slowly starting to go along with this. Because of the fact that Chloe was a top performer within her department, she tended to respect her opinions. Once Miss Mendeleiev seemed convinced about Chloe's suggestion, she gave Chloe and Sabrina a respectful nod and left the auditorium. Chloe and Sabrina both gave each other a knowing smile before they also left the auditorium.

Unbeknownst to them, Juleka had been hiding behind the piano that whole time. The girl nervously worried and hoped that Miss Mendeleiev wouldn't actually go through with this. However, her hopes were crushed when she stared at the bulletin board the next day.

Down the hall, the Knightowls and members of the scholastic club were laughing walking through the hall when they spotted Juleka solemnly gazing at the board. Curious as to what was wrong, Adrien and Marinette were the first to stop and look at the board. They were both confused and shocked when they read the board.

"Callbacks at the same time as the game?" Adrien gawked.

"And the scholastic decathlon," Marinette adds with irritation.

"What's going on?" Rose asks with concern, followed by Nathan and Marc. They start to grow more concerned as they read the bulletin board. "Oh no." She peeps.

"Why would they do that?" Nathan asked as he was kind of miffed.

At the same time Alix, who had been rolling by on her skateboard, seemed to pick up on the situation. She slowed to stop to join them. "You guys do realize that none of these clubs have any consideration for others right."