Chapter 4: New Friend

"I'll be your friend, Bachira." 

The words seemed to hang in the air. 

But the look that Bachira gave you was undeniably... happiness. 

"You will?" he says in an awed tone. 

You smiled. He was just like a kid who had made a new friend at the playground. "Yeah! I mean, we've already talked, and I like your personality and everything... So why not just become friends?" 

Suddenly, a pair of arms were hung around your neck, and Bachira had his head next to yours. He was so happy about your declaration of friendship that he hugged you.

By the way he reacted, you could tell he really needed that. 

"Okay buddy, I still gotta check up on the rest of you. Let me go." You say with a final pat.

"Oh! Sorry." He withdrew himself, and when both of you guys realized you had just been 5 inches away from each other, you both blushed and looked away.

"Are there any other places where you think you got hurt?" you asked. From then 'til now, you were wondering how Bachira even got that injury. He had been wearing that tight suit. Or whatever the Blue Lock made these poor boys wear. 

"Well, not me. But I think uh..." Bachira started giggling a bit. "What about Gagamaru? Did you not see the scratches and the nose bleed he had gotten in the middle of the game?"

I sat up straighter, realizing that the fact he had banged his body onto the side of the goal earlier today.

"Shit! Why didn't you remind me sooner?" I gathered my supplies so that I could check up on him as soon as I saw him.  

"Well I had to make sure you were focused on me first." He stuck out his tongue to me, in a playful kind of way. 

"You idiot." I scoffed. "Where are they?" 

He got up and said, "Must be in the practice room. Follow me, I know where they are." 

We walked out the door together, but while Bachira was taking his sweet, sweet time, I was busy trying to push him along. Granted, I didn't know where to, but I was hoping that if I went into the wrong direction, Bachira would redirect me to the correct route. 

"Ah, what's the rush?" Bachira sounded like he was half asleep.

"I have to check on Gagamaru! C'mon let's goooooooooo" I say. By now I was no longer pushing him, but was now dragging him by the hand. "Pleaseeee move faster. We can hang out more later." I look at him pleadingly. He seemed to have opened his ears, because he finally stopped me from tugging him by leading the way.

"Alright. But be quick, I don't want you to have to waste your time tending to his injury." He frowned as we both entered a soccer field.

"Jeez," I say, "so controlling..." I looked up as I saw Bachira joining the rest and Gagamaru walking towards me.

"I was going to come to you, but I guess you beat me to it." he said in his monotone voice. It kind of scared me, but I guess if I ever wanted to become a nurse, I was going to get much worse than this. 

He peered back at me with his blank eyes, and we observed each other's faces. 

"Go sit down, I'll treat the scar on your face." I say to him. 

While we're on the sides, I quickly finish bandaging his face, and check to make sure his abdomen wasn't hurting. I also decided he would need some painkillers, so I planned on dropping some off for him.

For now, though, I decided to watch them as they train; who knows, maybe they'd need me to treat the aftermath of their recklessness.

It was honestly quite heartwarming, the way they were started to bond. Perhaps the best part was when Isagi decided to start running, so everybody else started to, too.