Chapter 18

Adele gave a little frown that morning when she watched Jayden walk into her shop. Apparently, he came hoping to see Nella. From his explanations, she hasn't been picking his calls.

"I don't understand why she'd do that." Adele gave her most honest reply.

"Umm. Do you think she'll pass by today?"

"I uhh... I don't know. She never announced."

"I'd ask a little favor from you, Adele. Please."

"Okay. What is that?"

"Invite her over. Tell her it's urgent that you see her. I'll wait."

Adele raised her eyebrows at his request. Was it just her or was Jayden really just doing the most this time? He wants her to set her friend up. Nella wouldn't find it funny at all.

"Jayden. I don't know." She contemplated.

"Please Adele. I really need to talk to her. Help me out here. Please." He pleaded.

The scenario almost felt hilarious when she remembered there was a time where she overheard Nella begging Zara to set her on a blind date at the school canteen with Jayden. This same Jayden who reportedly walked away immediately he found Nella sitted, waiting for him.

She smirked when she realized indeed that the girl had moved on. He should indeed give her a break.

"Alright." She took up her phone rang Ernest.

Why Ernest?

Because that morning he had informed her that he'll be in the ER, conducting a surgery. So definitely, his phone would be indisposed. She rang it thrice and dropped.

"She isn't picking up. Sorry." She shook her head, looking almost believably rueful, while he sighed.

His heavy sigh was followed by Nella's majestic entrance. Adele goggled when she saw her walk through the door.

"Oh, Nella! Here you are!!" She exclaimed forehand before Jayden could turn around and see her.

"Yesss? It's quite me. Was I the topic of the convo' or what?" She asked, walking in fully.

She hadn't realized it was Jayden that stood in front of the counter till she got closer.

"Jayden?" She almost froze. He wasn't in uniform, so obviously, he wasn't on duty.

"Hi Nella."

"Hey." She replied uncomfortably because she knew what she did.

"You haven't been picking your calls. Hope all is fine?"

"Uhhh..." She shot a quick glance at Adele.

"Yeah. All is well. I'm sorry. Just really had a lot on my mind lately."

"I see. Uhh, are you free right now? Can we talk?" He requested.

Nella looked at Adele again. She really needed to understand why he was suddenly on her so much. Jayden had been the reason for most of the humiliations she received in highschool. Just because she was apparently too ostentatious for him. Was it that obvious that she had stopped being that person and now nectar finally attracted the bee?

"Sure." Her response was short and sudden.

"I'll be back, Adele." She told her friend.

"No problem." Adele replied.

***
Nella sat opposite Jayden in a restaurant he had walked her into, minding her manicure before she heard her name.

"Is everything okay? Hope you're comfortable." Jayden asked after calling.