Am I Jealous?

"Well, I must say you are a natural at this. This has been the most fuss-free recruitment event we have held in the past three years." Rahim praises Dev as the band members sit across from each other at the round table in the music room finalizing the new club members.

"Thanks, Sir, although I was just the organizer, you guys had to do the hard part of selecting the right people."

"Don't be so humble man, you really made this process such a smooth ride and I am only saying this because Ayesh isn't here but you are so much better than her, hahaha!" Aarav snickers as he hands over the final candidates list to Dev.

"Best believe Ayesh will know about this at the bar tonight," Rohan says jokingly to Aarav as he smirks at Dev. Dev also raises his eyebrows and smiles back at Rohan.

After spending almost ten days meeting with each other every day, Dev has become quite comfortable with the three boys. He spends every evening in the music room doing his studies and also working on organizing the recruitment event,  while Rohan, Aarav, and Rahim work on new songs for their upcoming inter-college festival. 

Spending so much time with them, Dev realizes that the boys are actually quite easygoing and friendly. All three of them made an effort to make Dev feel included in the group and surprisingly none of them treated Dev as a junior or pushed their seniority over him.

Dev also loves listening to Rohan's captivating voice and every day he looks forward to going to the music room and hearing him sing. He pretends to be deeply engrossed in his work but in truth, most of the time he is just there to let Rohan's mesmerizing voice take away all of the day's tiredness and frustration and give him comfort.

After that night at his house, Rohan neither tried to flirt with Dev nor did he go out with other girls as he usually did. Often times girls would ask for his number or request Rahim and Aarav to set them up with him but Rohan refused to meet with anyone. Ayesha noticed this sudden change of behavior in Rohan and it made her happy to see that Rohan isn't ditching her to go out with other girls anymore. She could finally spend her nights at Rohan's house just chilling with him, watching movies, or sitting in jam sessions in his room with Aarav and Rahim.

"Dev you are coming with us to celebrate tonight, I won't accept any of your usual excuses," Aarav says grabbing his backpack and getting up from the table.

"Uhh, yes sure," Dev says as he works out in his head, how much he would have to pay for going out tonight. He knew that these guys often went to the most expensive clubs and bars in the city. Dev had saved up quite a bit by working part-time jobs during his school years but going with these guys for one outing meant spending at least a month's worth of an average person's salary. 

"Ro, call Ayesh and ask her to directly come to Grappa, I don't think she had any classes today," Rahim says as all of them walk out of the room. Dev switches off the music room lights and locks the door shut before walking out with the three of them.

 "Dev have you got your car? or do you want us to drive you there?" Rahim asks Dev at the parking lot. Rahim and Aarav were not locals in the city so they lived together in an apartment near the university and usually traveled in the same car. 

"Umm, no, I haven't got the car today," Dev says hesitantly.

"He can come with me, we'll meet you at the bar." Rohan declares before opening his car door and getting in the driver's seat.

"Alright then, see you there!" says Aarav before he and Rahim get into their car. Dev also settles in the passenger seat of Rohan's car. 

after a few moments of awkward silence between them, Rohan decides to say something, "You really did a good job with the recruitment event, thanks to the seamless process, all we had to do was judge the candidates. You should be proud of yourself."