.1.

Chapter~One

It had been three years since that night.
She just couldn't seem to get away from Mason Cashè. She was sure if she tried to escape his father would surely find a way to keep her stuck in this miserable town.

"Veda!" Casey rejoiced drunkenly. "Where have you been?"

Mason was watching her proudly, but cautiously as she talked with her roommate. He'd hurt her again if she told anyone what he'd done. Who would believe her if she did? His family owned this town, this school. She didn't stand a chance.

"I stepped out to catch a breath." She said lamely.

She was glad that Casey was far past drunk to care. Veda melted into the crowd as she danced her way into exhaustion.

As she sat on the stairs gazing out into the night a small glimmer caught her eye. James, a guy from her chemistry class, strode in. Behind him stood the most handsome man she's ever seen.

His eyes were a light blue, highlighting his shaggy, dark brown hair. His shoulders were broad, making him seem taller than he already was. He wore a white Tshirt that clung to his flat, muscled body.

Until now she's never felt this way about a man. Spending all of her time avoiding them, afraid they would do to her what Mason does. This stranger was different. She was drawn to him.

The world seemed to freeze, and it was just the two of them locked in each other's gaze. It was then that she realized he'd been staring at her too. She blushed self consciously, and looked away. Mason glared at the two of them. He would hurt her if she even looked at him again.

Damon couldn't believe he'd let James talk him into going to this party. He'd been in town all of an hour! He needed to feed though, and the hunger has been getting to him long enough.

Before he even made it through the door he smelt her. The burning in his throat was almost unbearable. Then he saw her there sitting on the steps like an angel. She was absolutely beautiful. She had big green eyes, and long reddish brown hair. Her smile was bright, and inviting, but with something uneasy behind it that he couldn't quite figure out. She blushed as he smiled, and turned away. James handed him a cup filled to the rim with alcohol. He drank half of it before he spoke.

"Who's that?" He asked. It took a minute before James found the topic of their conversation.

"Vendetta, veda for short. She's in my chemistry class. She doesn't date. Leave her alone."

"Why because she turned you down?"
Damon laughed.

"She's different. I think it has something to do with Mason Cashè over there. She's kinda jumpy around guys, especially him." James explained.

Damon watched her as she made her way to the dance floor, her eyes scanning nervously. She stopped to talk to a perky looking blonde in a tight pink shirt, and short leather skirt. The kind of girl he usually went after, but he had no interest in this girl. Her friend however.....

"I'm heading back." She said to Casey as she danced with some older guy Veda didn't know.

"Okay, I'll come with you. I think I'm a little too drunk to walk home alone." Casey laughed, stumbling a bit as she walked with Veda to the door.

As they passed she saw him again. He was watching her. She gave a little smile and ducked her head.

"Are you okay,Veda?" Casey asked.

"I'm fine, just tired." She lied

They barely made it off the front lawn when Casey passed out from the amount of alcohol she'd induced. Veda panicked, trying unsuccessfully to awake her friend.

"Here let me help." A voice said unexpectedly close.

Veda froze. He was only inches from her face as he picked up Casey's light body and waited for her to show him the way.

"Thank you." She said quietly. He smiled.

"Your Vendetta right?" He asked.

His voice was like silk, smooth and inviting.

"Veda." She corrected.

"That's a very pretty name. Suits you. I'm Damon." He introduced.

She smiled unable to find the right words to say.

There was silence as they walked. She was surprisingly disappointed when they arrived at their dorm. Damon helped Casey upstairs and set her on her bed.

As he turned to Veda he found that she was scrunched into the corner of her bed. Her knees were drawn to her chest, and her eyes were cautious. He finally understood what James had meant earlier. She was different. She was fragile, and worn, and utterly terrified of something. Damon had no doubt in his mind that Mason Cashè had something to do with it. A strong sense of protectiveness sworn through him as he looked at her. He's never cared for anyone this way. He didn't even know the girl, and yet all he wanted to do was hold her, and protect her from the world. He would kill anyone that ever tried to touch her, and this frightened him to the core.

"Have a nice night, Veda." He said as he rushed down the hall before the demon could take over.

Damon ran out of the building and back to the party to feed. James was waiting for him, a permanent scowl on his face.

"What the hell?" He demanded.

"She needed help." He grated.

"I see now what you meant about her." Damon admitted after a moments pass.

"Stay away from her Damon, before you ruin all of us." James said tiredly.

He intended to, but something told him that it was all about to change. The two of them fed gratefully, and sent everyone home. Damon hadn't planned on staying at the frat house this term but the idea of being any further from Veda nearly drove him crazy. This did nothing but pissed him off.

Hello children! Hmm, we need a name for y'all. Leave some comments on whatcha want to be called. So yeah the last note said every Friday. Today is Tuesday. I just wanted to give y'all something better because you deserve it for being so loyal. I've been extremely MIA. I think it's been a year actually. Sold isn't really going anywhere at the moment. I really need to start planning my stories out. Hi tori!!!! Oh if y'all haven't seen mrsace34 new Supernatural poem book yet then wtf are you doing sitting here reading this for?! Go! Get out! Read!!!! It's so amaze balls!!!!!! I LOVE supernatural!!! Dean is my baby daddy forever ever! Anywhore, you're welcome.

       LOVE PANDAS, EAT POPTARTS!

~SavyMo out!