WHEN THE MOON HITS

Has anyone ever wondered what if the Moon hits The Earth? What if you had only 3 more days to live? Would you be still lying on your bed scrolling through instagram, judging people's feed, judging yourself? I wonder what "billionaires" would do with their billions and "influencers" with their followers. Well all those people would atleast have a vigour and a reason to fight, to live. Would I? I dunno. What if I said I wouldn't have much to do in those last three days. Well, Its not a sin to live without any goals or plans. I live in the present. I will live those three days just as anyother day. I won't fight for my life, I'll just live those days I am left with. Happy or not. I will.

Okay, Lets dive into a fiction, When the Moon hit the Earth, An Apocalypse no one dreamt of..

There's smoke everywhere, fire alarms ringing, armed convoys lined up on roads. Its been a week since it was broadcasted that the world's gonna end. No comments or commas. Well we all would laugh it of as a prank if anyone else would have said that but, why would the President crack a joke on the National Television? That day the whole planet paused for a while, finally. Most of the news channels still covered the live though, maybe like many others they thought it was a baseless rumor. People were more eagerly waiting for their offices and schools to be shut down. Who cares if the world ends right? Its funny how some people raided the grocery stores while the others rebuked the government along with the opposition for not taking any preventive measures. It took three days for the reality to hit people.

Everyone left their homes and dogs, they walked miles, no food, no water. Every nation fought with every other nation, they bombarded each other with explosives, trying to steal spacecrafts. Well its not a secret we have enough technology to transport to the space stations. But 8 billions? No chance. That doesn't mean people will accept the truth. They thought it was unfair for their employers to escape the tragedy while they would be shattered into pieces.

I have been hiding here for days, separated from everyone else, under the ruins of a cellar. People have gone rabid. I have no energy left in my body and my head feels heavy. Through a hole in the ceiling, I looked at the moon, Big ball, bright light. I laughed to myself thinking if it was the same as the one I saw a week ago, clicked pictures as it looked pretty and crescent in shape that day. A tear of exhaustion, fear and sorrow went down my cheek. What about the future I dreamt of? All of my hardwork for 20 years has gone down the drain? So this is how it ends? All these questions in my mind and a reality that my head refuses to accept. A hope, A will to live and fight but how? While weeping, I thought to myself if its all gonna end anyway, why not now. I wish all of this ends a little sooner. I can't take this anymore.

PS: Moon is just a cliche I have personified but what if something really happens someday in your life? Something that you cannot control. It would be too late for you to realise that you should have lived for the present in your past. I wonder why its so tough? Why is it so tough to be happy over a good sky, warm tea or rainy afternoon? Why is it so tough to appreciate little things. Why is it so tough to not have a plan? I can't wait to grow into a person who would be absolutely okay with the world ending that moment, not because I am tired of the shit but because I am content with the life I lead until then.

Until next time!

- Elysian🦋