Killer

They call me a killer. On the night of January 6, I was seen covered in blood, my babysitter lying on the floor, her final minutes approaching. I tried to tell them it was self defense but no one listened. I was twelve. The whole experience really traumatized me. I would go into detail about what happened that night but there's no point, everyone has already decided I'm lying. I'm now fifteen, entering high school, and I don't want to go to another school. Some people get bullied, which is bad and all but instead, I'm seen as a horror movie villain. When I walk in the halls, everyone walks to the other side, when I enter the bathroom, everyone clears out. It's like I'm a ghost but worse, everyone can see me, but they avoid me. If only they could understand what really happened that night.

   It was the first day of school, like clockwork everyone avoided me. It remained this way until my free period. While I was sitting alone with music in my ears a girl with long black hair approached me. She tapped me asking, "Hey what's your name?" I was baffled. "Sorry but you don't know who I am?" I asked. She looked confused, "No today's the first day of high school, why would I?" Wow. Someone in this town actually doesn't know about my babysitter. I quickly thought of a lie, "Oh I don't know, sorry I'm not thinking straight. My name's Adriaan, with an extra a." I looked around to see if this was some type of prank. No one was nearby. "Oh cool, my name's Sasha. Nice to meet you." I sat quietly, thinking of all the way our potential friendship could go wrong. "Yeah. But are you sure you want to be friends with me? I'm kind of a pariah around here." I warned her. She didn't seem to care. Soon me and Sasha became good friends. My secret didn't remain one for long though. 

   "You're name's Sasha, right? Why are you hanging out with this freak?" A boy asked her. I knew it was coming. "He's not a freak, leave him alone." She's so brave. I could never stick up to people like that. "Wow, did you brainwash her or something freak? I bet you didn't know your boyfriend here is a killer, did you?" She looked confused. "What is he talking about Adriaan?" I panicked. Well, our friendships over now. It's all about to fade away into a distant memory. "I'm not it was just a misunderstanding." I pleaded. "Misunderstanding? You murdered your babysitter in cold blood. He was found three years ago drenched in blood and with a small hammer in his hand. The only reason you're not in juvy is because the police don't have enough evidence." My hand balled into a fist. Sasha looked at me with disgust and loathing, "Is that true Adriaan?" I tried to explain myself, "no! I didn't kill her, I swear." I cried. "Get a load of this freak! How else would she have died?" My sorrow quickly turned to rage. "I CAN'T REMEMBER THAT NIGHT OKAY?" I yelled. He laughed, "How convenient. Funny how the same hammer that killed her was in YOUR HANDS." He laughed more. Suddenly I ran at him and punched him. He tried fighting back but I was too full of rage. 

   Sasha tried to rip me off of him but I pushed her over. I kept punching him until he stopped fighting back. Soon I saw my hands around his neck with no idea how it got this far. By the time I realized what I had done a teacher had already ran down the hallway and ordered me to stop. I saw him laying on the floor, breathlessly. I told myself, you're not a freak or a killer. I don't know why everyone says you are, they're lying! Then reality settled in. I remembered everything. Who are you lying to? You know you killed your bitch babysitter. She deserved it, just as this asshole did. I grinned as I saw the life drain from him. As I looked down at my bloodstained hands, I understood why.