Chapter One

Maddie's POV

BUZZ BUZZ.

"Maddie! You're phone is vibrating!" Kendall said, handing my phone to me. I took it from her and smiled. We were having our weekly girl's night. Each week, the night after competition, we have a sleepover. Tonight, it was at my house. I checked my phone and saw a new message from someone I wasn't expecting. It was so sudden that I actually gasped and almost choked on the handful of popcorn I'd shoved down my throat a moment ago.

"What?" Mackenzie asked. "What is it?" She took my phone and looked at it, then she gasped, too. "A new message from GINO!" All of the girls gasped and started giggled. "'Maddie, I think we need to talk.'" she read from my phone.

"Stop that!" I said, snatching it back.

"You haven't been talking to him, have you, Mads?" Kalani asked.

"No way! Not since I saw that video. Never again," I said. "In fact, I have half the mind to block him right now!"

"No, no, wait! Maybe we could have some fun with this!" Kal said.

"No. Gino is mean and rude and selfish and childish and I don't want to talk to him, even for fun," I said. I put my phone down on the coffee table.

"Lets just keep watching the movie and forget about it."

The girls soon found something else to marvel over, but I couldn't help but think about Gino, a million miles away, waiting for me to text back. He must've seen that I read the message. He must know I'm mad at him. What does he want to talk about? My mind was racing, but I couldn't answer right now. Every time I picked up my phone, the girls stared at me, waiting to see if I would respond (I didn't). I almost hated Gino for what he said about me, but I couldn't make myself block him.

Which is probably what I should have done.