𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝗐𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄

𝐊𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐙𝐘𝐀 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍
ˋ°•*⁀➷

Moving day. Again. Just when high school started getting fun. My first two years of high school were horrible due to corona and when everything finally got back to normal I had to move.

After my parents separated, my mom started struggling financially and as much as I tried to contribute, it wasn't enough. Trying to pay the mortgage, and water bills, pay lawyers, and buy groceries. My mom decided we were going back to New York. Although I don't remember anything from there.

''Kalani hurry up,'' my mom said as she walked in on me doing my edges.

''Mama hold on, I'm in my fly girl era.'' I joked as I observed myself in the mirror. I wore a pink cropped sweater paired with some low ride and jeans and a pink purse with some pink crocs.

''Well fly yo ass in that car.'' She replied, thinking she ate.

Thankfully I put all my stuff in the trunk yesterday night so I don't have to worry about carrying anything. Once I arrived outside, I took my seat as a passenger princess while my mother started driving.

For most of the seven-hour journey, I blasted music from my therapy session playlist which consisted of Layton Greene, Dave, Montell Fish, idancebz and J cole. Uploading the pictures I took in the morning I decided to post it.

 Uploading the pictures I took in the morning I decided to post it

𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒 keyflock 𝖺𝗇𝖽 5 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐤𝐚.𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢 xo #byecanada.
comments disabled

On the way to Harlem, we stopped at Robis Deli, a small restaurant. Stepping out of the car I kept watching my surroundings for those big fat rats I saw on TikTok.

''What do you want?'' My mom asked me as we went up to the cashier. There are only a couple more people inside but we pretty much have the place to ourselves.

''I want a bacon egg and cheese sandwich,'' I said practising my accent.

''Girl don't go embarrassing yourself with that accent,'' my mom said.

''You're a hater, anyways I want sweet chicken and rice with one fried drumstick and a Nestea drink.''

My mom later ordered the same thing except with sprite and two fried chickens instead. We took a seat and ate as I continued listening to my music.

''Kalani,'' my mom called me, making me slow down my chewing.

''Yes, mommy?'' My eyes narrowed to splits. "What happened?" I asked, still not completely done chewing.