2

Day 4 and I couldn't have been happier. Grocery shopping was done and I had all the time in the world. I could do whatever I wanted. My mornings consisted of me making my coffee and drinking it on the balcony. I always took a book out there with me but 9 times out of 10, would just rather watch the sunrise and enjoy the sun on my face.

I hadn't run into John anymore or seen him much but then again, I haven't actually spent any time on the beach. Today would be the first day I go. I wanted a bite to eat first so I took the fruit I cut up and put some in a bowl and fixed some oatmeal and toast. Once I was finished, I went to the bedroom and changed into one of my new bathing suits.

This one wasn't quite a bikini but the top wasn't as long as a tankini. It was more of a cropped style with high waisted bottoms. The top was white with cherries printed on it and the bottoms were black. I threw a summer dress over it and slid on a pair of sandals.

I already had my hair braided so I grabbed my hat and plopped it on my head. I double checked my bag to make sure I had several bottles of water, my towel, ample sunblock and my book and sunglasses. Once everything was ready, I headed to the beach.

I chose an area that at the moment wasn't overly crowded and it appeared that there was no lifeguard on duty yet. I grabbed one of the chairs and walked a hundred or so feet from the stand and started putting things together. I already applied some sunblock but I still put more on. As I started reaching towards the back of my neck, I heard him.

"I can get your back," John said.

"Um... I'm good, thanks," I smiled.

"This is the first time I've seen you down here," he said squatting in front of me.

I noticed he wasn't in his red shorts and white t-shirt today. He was wearing a black and blue wetsuit and had dropped a surfboard a couple feet away.

"Stalking me?" I asked with a laugh.

"Nah," he smiled back. "I'm just observant."

"So, you're off today?"

"Yeah, thought I'd take a little advantage. Looks like there's going to be some good waves today. Wanna try?" he asked, causing me to bust out laughing.

"Surfing? Me? No, thanks. I'll enjoy the ocean from over here," I said.

"Oh, come on, Darcy. It'll be fun."

"No, thank you," I said.

"Your loss," he smiled, standing up grabbing his board. With another smile and a wink at me, he ran into the water.

I watched him paddled out as far as I could. When he was just a little speck, I pulled out my book.  Todays book was about unexpected romance between a man and woman who were complete opposites. She was a hard working woman with a 5 year plan. He was a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy. In reality, they didn't mesh but I knew at the end they would be together.

I sat down there for about 3 hours before I knew I needed to go in and fix a bite to eat. As I was gathering my things, my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen and saw that it was my cousin, Charity calling.

"Hey, Cherry. It's been a minute."

"Hey, Darce. It has been. I wanted to see if you'd like to meet me for dinner tonight?" she asked.

"Absolutely. I'll cover you since you're letting me crash at your house in a couple of weeks."

"Nonsense. Let me treat you," she said. "I'm going to invite a few of my buddies to come along. Is that okay?"