7

Settling in at Cherry's house was so easy. The house was rather large and all ground level. There was a spare bedroom for me that was very nice. The walls were painted a very blue blue with a seashell aesthetic.

The bed was very comfortable and set up kind of high. They put a little step beside the bed because I was too short to get into it. The pillows were fluffy and I could spend the rest of my summer in this bed.

John was able to get the owner to do the refund. When I told my parents what I was doing, my dad was okay with it but my mom had all kinds of questions. I told her that I just wanted to spend more time with Cherry and getting to know her friends. She didn't like that I was seeing John also. I was taking so much heat from her that half that time , I kept my phone on silent.

The first few days at the house were just everyone adjusting to having me there. It wasn't too hard but the others weren't use to John being there so much. Before me, they said he was only there to eat but when he wasn't at work or it was time to sleep, he was over there.

I had already been there for three weeks and it was another Friday night that I was going out with John. Tonight's game plan was pizza and bowling and I couldn't wait. By time he got home, I was already ready. He walked over to me and gave me a kiss, told me he was going to take a quick shower and then walked straight through and out of the back door.

Once he was out of the house, everyone started oohing and awing. My face turned every shade of red possible. Cherry came over and sat beside me, slinging her arm around my shoulders.

"Things are pretty serious, aren't they?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said, still blushing. "I really like him though."

"He really likes you too," Jesse said. "He's never acted like this about any other girl."

"How many girls has he brought around you all?" I asked.

"In the five years he's lived here," Coco started. "Like one or two."

"He's dated sure," Cherry butted in, "but no one really seemed to grab his attention."

"And he never willingly kissed another girl in front of us," Morgan commented.

"Well," I said and couldn't think of anything intelligent to say.

Half an hour later, John was walking back into the main house. He came over and sat beside me and pulled me a little closer to him. We sat there for a few minutes before we decided to go ahead go out.

The bowling alley was in full swing by time we got there so we got our food first. John promised that the pizza here was better than any pizza place around here. We sat and enjoyed each other's company and talked.

"So, I know the gang has been fishing for answers."

"They've been very informative," I told him.

"What have they revealed about me?" he asked.

"Just that you haven't really shown as much interest in any other girls as you have me."

"I haven't. I have gone out but ultimately, they were more interested in my looks than in who I am. You've never once mentioned my looks to me."

"I'm not shallow," I said. "Sure, you are a very good looking man and I noticed that immediately..."

"But...." he smiled.

"There was something else there, obviously."

"You do know that I tell everyone now I have a girlfriend, right?"

"Really?" I asked, taken aback.

"I know we haven't discussed it but yes, you are my girlfriend," he said, leaning over the table.

I leaned in closer and just as our lips touched, one of the employees came over and told us that a lane was ready for us. He asked for my shoe size and said he'd get a size smaller and went after our shoes. We got a box to put the rest of our pizza in and went to our lane.

I hadn't bowled since I was a little kid so John dominated the game. After the third gutter-ball I threw, I was ready to give up. John sat at scoreboard keeper and started laughing when I turned around and pouted.

He walked up to me and took my ball when it returned. He grabbed my hand and walked up to the lane. He put the ball in my hand and I adjusted it until I was ready. Once I was, he put his hand on top of mine. I felt silly like this but I let him help me.

"Now, just let me guide you," he whispered in my ear, causing me to shiver.

He brought my hand back and together we let go of the ball together. It ended up with a strike. I stood there with my mouth gapping open. I turned around to face him, only to be greeted with him laughing.

I never hit another strike the rest of the game. Of course I lost and I was okay with it. After we finished the game, we walked out to the Jeep. Before he opened my door for me, he touched my face.

"You are so beautiful," he said, quietly. I could feel his breath against my cheek. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

"I don't think I've ever felt like this about anyone before. Kind of makes me scared," I admitted.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because it's just a summer romance," I said, sadly. He took his finger under my chin.

"We can make this last, Darcy."

"How? I'll be miles and miles away when I go back home."

"I'll come and visit," he said. "I want this to last. I know it seems very sudden but I'm falling in love with you. I've never fallen in love before."

"John," I said, looking him right in the eye.

He moved closer and our lips connected. I knew what others would think but I didn't care. Yes, it was fast moving but it felt right with everything inside of me. I knew I wanted this man to be a part of my life no matter what.