A/N

THANK YOU FOR 10K READS ON JUST LIKE A MOVIE

thank you to everyone who has read jlam over the past year, it means a lot.

i love reading all of your comments and they're pretty funny (especially the ones around bbg wesley's death) and it really makes me happy to see people reading jlam

especially considering the reads were pretty low since i started publishing it in may last year until scream vi came out. i'm guessing that's a factor because the reads went up literally 7k in like a month (thank you all sm)

ANYWAY my whole point of this is to officially announce just like a movie's sequel or whatever

there might be scream 6 spoilers idk

HAPPINESS IS A BUTTERFLY | E. LANDRY

---

"if he's a serial killer, then what's the worst
that could happen to a girl who's already hurt?
i'm already hurt."

Moving to New York for college was supposed to be a fresh start for them. Getting out of Woodsborro after the Ghostface attacks of Amber Freeman and Richie Kirsch. So why is it that more people are being killed, and why are they being targeted again?

Y/N L/N is still mourning the death of her boyfriend, Wes Hicks, after she and her friends made their big move to New York City. Then she meets Chad's cute roommate, Ethan, and becomes overwhelmed with feelings she hadn't known since Wes. She feels guilty at first, but she can't help feeling the way she does towards the boy.

"if he's as bad as they say, then i guess i'm cursed
looking into his eyes, i think he's already hurt
he's already hurt."

---

be prepared for more emotional pain or whatever

and i know some of you might be upset that it's not a chad fic (i'm sorry i was seriously considering it until i saw jack champion in the cast for 6) but i'll have you know i do have a separate chad fic in my drafts.

I ALSO HAVE SOMETHING ELSE FOR THE JUST LIKE A MOVIE SERIES TO ANNOUNCE

GOLD RUSH | W. HICKS

---

"what must it be like to grow up that beautiful?
with your hair falling into place like dominoes"

Y/N L/N had always loved the 'childhood best friends to lovers' trope when she would read about it or see it in movies. But the thought of it happening to her felt weird, because her friends were just her friends.

That was until she started hanging out with Wes Hicks more. They had been friends since they were little (perfect) and had always gotten along well.

So why was it now her feelings started changing from friendship and into something more? Why was it she started liking how he styled his dark hair, something she never paid any notice to before, or how his blue eyes would practically shimmer in the light?

Why was it that, whenever he laughed, Y/N wanted to kiss him?

---

A PREQUELLL

gold rush is set before just like a movie and is gonna be about when wes and y/n got together and stuff

based around stuff mentioned in jlam too (like their first kiss, stuff from the flashbacks, etc.)

ITS GONNA BE REALLY CUTE I THINK

idk anyway kinda exciting (for me at least)

i was having my little mcu announcement moment because i thought it would be cool

anyway happiness is a butterfly should be published sometime later this year, and i'm not too sure about gold rush considering i have 16 other drafts (but i love jlam so you never know)

i can't really write for scream 6 until the movie is out on like streaming or dvd or whatever so then it'll be easier to actually get dialogue and plot points right (despite having already seen it twice (both within 5 days))

yeah

look at me acting like people care or smth LMAOOO

pls say smth about this because it'll be awkward if no one reacts (pls)

it'll be embarrassing if i don't ever publish these