CHAPTER 60

"You said it was impossible," Hye Yoon Kim asked without questioning but rather recalling the information that Jisoo conveyed yesterday. In just a day the decision had changed. The hope that had been dashed has now returned, so it was not surprising that she had questioned it. Noting, reminding her old friend of what was conveyed to her yesterday, and at the same time could not believe it.

"I know," Jisoo answered but couldn't explain more because she was still wondering and still a little in disbelief. But because the surgery had to be done immediately, she had to get approval from the family by signing the consent form that she submitted to her old friend.

"If we force the surgery, it will endanger her life," Hye Yoon Kim frowned and repeated the information she received before. "If we don't do anything, she can live a few more months, right? I can be with her then, right?"

Jisoo could only answer by nodding at the doubts expressed by her old friend. It was natural that she was confused, especially after receiving an explanation of how the operating procedure would be carried out. Something terrible for common people like her. Moreover, the operation that sounds dangerous and scary would be performed on her younger sister.

Hye Yoon Kim thought for a moment before finally asking the important question she was afraid of. "What if this operation fails? To sign this paper means I acknowledge that she may die during surgery, right? Are you asking me to... make such a cruel decision?" She asked as her tears were unstoppable imagining the possibility of losing her younger sister without realizing that her sister had woken up and was listening to their conversation.

"Sister, it's okay," Hye Jun Kim's small voice startled Hye Yoon Kim. She immediately wiped the tears from her cheeks before looking at the little patient lying on the bed like Jisoo did when she heard a slightly weak voice because the patient had just woken up.

Hye Jun Kim smiled weakly when she looked at Jisoo and continued, "I believe in Jisoonie. I know she will cure me so I can be a doctor like her," before she turned to her older sister. The one who had been her parents along with her grandmother gave a wider smile, making her older sister cry again while smiling.

Hye Yoon Kim did not answer, nor did she immediately agree because there was still doubt in her heart. Therefore, she turned to Jisoo and asked, "But, didn't you tell me that this hospital couldn't do surgery on her? Why does it change all of a sudden?"

"I didn't know either what happened. But Director already gave permission. So we will do the surgery. The sooner, the better," Jisoo answered honestly because until now she still didn't get the answer.

"What if it fails..." Hye Yoon Kim said hesitantly while turning to her sister. And before Jisoo could answer, the patient room door was opened by two figures who entered with the sound of high heels leading in front with steady steps.

"Watashi shippai shinai no de!" Daimon Michiko's voice followed the sound of her footsteps.

"What? Who are you?" Hye Yoon Kim was surprised by the sudden appearance of a tall woman in a knee-length black dress under her white coat complete with black high heels that made sounds on the floor of the patient's room. Not to mention, her words in Japanese made her even more confused. But the female doctor's sharp gaze with both hands in the pockets of her white coat intimidated her a little.