Chapter 5

It's been a month since Team 7 returned from the Land of Waves, Naruto was already better than before, he could slowly return to the missions, today Kakashi called all the genin to the training ground number 7. Arriving there, Kakashi met them holding some papers.

"Good morning Kakashi sensei" the genin said.

"Good morning guys" Kakashi said.

"Sensei, is today some special day?" asked Sakura.

"No, what? Did something happen?" Kakashi said.

"You came earlier than usual today" said Naruko.

"And that, well, it's just that it's very important to you," Kakashi said.

"Come on, tell me what it is, I can't wait to find out" said Naruko.

"It's the chunin rank exam, if you can move up in rank you can take C or B rank solo missions" Kakashi said.

"Cool! I want to be a chuunin, I want I want I want!" exclaimed Naruko.

"I will participate in this exam too" Sasuke said.

"I don't know, I won't participate too," Sakura said uncertainly.

"Apparently I won't be the only one involved," Naruto said.

"It's because of your wounds, isn't it?" Kakashi asked.

Naruto nodded in response.

"It's too bad you can't participate" said Naruko.

Sasuke looked at Naruto with a smirk.

"Sensei, will there be anyone else besides us?" Sakura asked, getting the attention of the others.

"This exam will be attended by shinobi from 5 villages" replied Kakashi.

"So there will be a lot of people there," said Naruko.

"What difference does it make, if we win we can finally take on high rank missions" Sasuke said.

"Sensei, when does the exam start?" Naruto asked.

"It starts in a week, at your old academy," Kakashi replied.

"How will the exam be?" Naruto asked.

"There will be several stages, but what kind of tests I can't say," Kakashi replied.

"I think I'll still try to participate" Naruto said.

The others looked at him in confusion.

"You said you wouldn't participate," Sakura said.

"I'll try to be careful not to open the wounds" Naruto said.

"Then sign these papers and you will become participants in the exam" Kakashi said as he handed them the papers. They put their signatures after which Kakashi took the papers and left saying goodbye.

The genin began to go home, Naruko started a conversation with Naruto.

"Naruto, can you tell me why you changed your mind?" asked Naruko.

"I just decided to try my hand at other shinobi" Naruto replied.

"And to be honest?" asked Naruko.

*sigh*

"I just want to be there when shinobi attack you" Naruto replied with a sigh.

"Hehe, you're still worried about me," Naruko said while giggling, her cheeks were slightly blushed.

"Yes, yes, now let's go, we need to go to the market for groceries" Naruto said.

"Let's go" said Naruko taking his hands.