Like daylight

-I feel like we don't talk about that hairstyle enough.-I laughed so hard I threw my head back.- I really like it.

-Thank you for saying that. I thought I should spice it up for the Met. -I blushed and looked down.

-You're welcome. Looks really good on you.

-Thanks, Adam.

-So, when are you going?

He was really nice. I really enjoyed his company. I wasn't really in a place to date, so we settled down on just taking it wherever it goes. This was it. I didn't feel like owning anyone's heart at the moment, or giving that much. The truth is, I didn't really feel like it.

We were in my pool, having a drink and just catching up on everything. I decided a couple days ago to bleach my hair. It gave me rock-star vibes, but I really enjoyed spicing things up a little bit.

-Mhm. On Tuesday. You're coming, right? -I decided to go out of the pool, sitting on the edge and just letting my legs float in the water while holding a Vodka Martini on my right hand and reaching for his with my left one. I waved for him to come closer.

He stayed in, but came to me, and starting caressing my left thigh with his thumb, drawing small circles.

-I am. I really like this, Tay. -He looked up at me and smiled. He had pretty shiny teeth, a beautiful smile and his eyes sparkled.

-I really like this, too. -I put my hand over his.

The days went by pretty fast, between seeing Selena, Adam, and writing new stuff.

I packed everything I needed, being so excited for making an appearance. I loved the dress I was going to wear, I really thought that, everything put together, looked awesome.

And I was really excited to hang out with Karlie, too.

The day of my flight, I didn't really feel like spoiling my hair. So I put on black sweatpants, a grey tank top with a black hoodie on top, with a black beanie.

-Nice.  -I said, looking at the mirror.

My bodyguards grabbed Meredith and my language, and I got in the car.

-Nice day, isn't it Miss Swift? -Said Steve, my driver, looking through the rear-view mirror.

-Yeah. Not for dressing up. But definitely, it's a beautiful day. -I smiled and looked at him. Put my sunglasses on, and looked out of the window as he started driving.

I got a text from Karlie.

You here yet? Miss u.

I replied.

Just landed. Same address?

She texted me back immediately.

Duh.

I felt like being honest.

Can we stay in? Don't really feel like going out.

Again, her reply was there seconds later.

I'll cook us dinner. Have a safe drive. Xoxo

When I arrived, I found myself trying to fidget with my hoodie, but I couldn't because of my hands being full with my luggage. I placed Meredith down and texted her.

Outside. Xx

I was distracted by the sound of footsteps arriving. I grabbed my cat back.

She approached the fence. Karlie was wearing a light brown simple shirt, with a little pocket on the right side, dark blue jeans, and sneakers. Her hair was down, and the color of it got lost on the shirt. It looked amazing.