Teaser

Clenched in the hand of a human, the radio crackles to life, "Segmantum sector, overrun! Brothers, redeploy at Z-"

A resounding crack as the bone and metal of the radio, the hand reduced to meaty mush, as a large metal boot stomped the annoyance, silencing the device. The hulking behemoth of a drone looks out across the ridge. Bodies strewn about, drones and humans, some in powered armor, but most without. Smog and ashes fill the air. Yet the armored drone walks on, a long mace dragging behind him, left hand grasped around the handle.

"It brings me no joy." speaks the drone, cape flowing behind him as a sudden gust of wind strikes at him, yet he doesn't falter, even as some bodies are sent back from the sheer force of the shockwave, he walks onwards, "It brings me no joy to see our people suffer."

He doesn't even spare a gaze towards a lone human soldier, an arm missing, a leg snapped in the wrong direction, ballistic vest pierced by a metal rod through the left lung, yet he manages to stand upright facing himself towards the approaching drone in armor, who towers many times over the man, "We brought every colony to heel before your authority. You sent us to fix your problems. We, brought peace to your worlds. We served with such devotion, yet you threw it into the void."

The human slowly raises a handgun with their only hand, but the drone is quicker, skewering the man right through the chest with his energy claw, nearly cleaving the body into two by the sheer size and thickness of the talons. The body trails besides him as he continues his trek towards the edge.

"You, betrayed us!" snarls the drone, his visor filled with a single blue eye, design of a pentagram. His soot covered armor still bears it's grey and black colors, a fading white rim, tainted by runes of corruption as the solver's emblem lay emblazed upon his chest piece. His armor itself nearly absurdly large, giving off a sense of enormity. Two monstrous horns protrude from each pauldron, the leftmost one having three human skulls stuck onto it, like a kebob. Two pieces of cloth dangling from the midsection, down his sides. His face is uncovered, only connected to this armored suit by a multitude of wires and cables.

Upon reaching the end of the cliff, he throws off the body of the human, pathetic resistance by a failing species. This drone stands at an intimidating three meters in height, easily dwarfing the two meager worker drones flanking him.

"Humanity has no hope to prosper under company rule, and if you will not seize this chance yourself, then I. WILL." declares the mighty Horian, the ridge he stands upon, overlooking the battle below in the plains, reduced to grey soil, iron and blood staining once fertile lands. Fire and smoke filling the skies. Explosions occurring in the distance.

Below are legions of humans in armored suits, repurposed from old mining equipped to turn the companies loyal security guards surge forward, clashing against their drone counterparts. Claws and swords clash, as bolters fire into the opposing ranks. Neither side gaining any advantage. While the infantry clash in brutal melee, the mechs of such enormous size advance, treading over friend and foe, firing off their cannons which slam down, deleting entire battalions from the field, leaving mile wide craters with every shell that pounds into the crust of this world. Bayonets driven into the vulnerable gaps in the necks of the armored humans, while vast swathes of workers are thrown aside by exaggeratedly large blades. The workers clad in exo-skeleton mining suits prove a fair equal to these armored human warriors, blades locking in a standstill, neither side able to gain any ground. Death mars the field below. Horian doesn't smile nor frown, his face of near indifference as he looks upon the works of his rebellion.

...

[From the skies of Earth to the outer rim.]

Two disassembly drones lock blades, sparks flying as the metal screeches from the abuse, fighting in the night skies over a ruined city below, workers and human troopers exchanging gunfire.