Chapter 2

Once his eyes slowly opened, he found himself in new surroundings. The brunet had woken up and gently rubbed his eyes, confused about where he was. He found himself on a not-so-comfortable bed that had a small desk beside it that held a dimly lit candle to lighten up the room.

As he slowly sat up, he felt unbalanced as if where he was caused him to rock endlessly back and forth. It didn't help that he could feel a headache start to form as he tried to figure out what happened and how he got here.

Just before any more questions came to his mind, the door to the room opened and a tall male with purple hair walked in, holding a tray of food. He was dressed in slim, black tights and a button-up grey tunic under a dark purple frock coat. A strange thing he noticed right away was that one of his eyes was covered by an eyepatch that matched the color of his hair.

Immediately as he entered, he noticed the boy awake and smiled. "Hey, you're awake," he greeted as he set the tray down on the small dresser on the opposite side of the bed, "I'm glad to see you're alive. And, I hope you don't mind the clothes I put on you; I figured you'd be more comfortable this way."

The brunet blinked at him and quickly looked down at himself, realizing he was now wearing a white inner tunic that was a bit too big for him. He loomed down to see his legs and his eyes widened after seeing his feet covered with black, tight, dirty shoes.

"I'm sorry for not being able to find clothes your size, most people who have been on this ship were twice your size with small feet," the man apologized as he witnessed the boy's reaction, "Oh, and we didn't do anything with your shorts to keep your privacy."

The boy flushed with embarrassment but couldn't hide his face when needing to ask a question. "I, um," he mumbled quietly without making much eye contact, "Who are you? A- and, where am I?"

"Oh, of course!" he facepalmed, feeling stupid for not introducing himself, "The name is Tad, Tad Strange. I'm the quartermaster of this ship."

"Ship?"

Tad nodded. "You're on the most well-known and feared ship in the seven seas, known as The Mindscape," he informed, "Right now we are in the Gravity Seas, but don't be afraid because we will keep you safe."

"H- hold on," the brunet rubbed his forehead to try to help process what he was taking in, "We're on a ship? And still in the Gravity Seas?"

He nodded at him again. "Yes, um,... I'm sorry I haven't gotten your name yet."

The boy bit his lip, "I, um... I don't know if I'm supposed to-" He was then interrupted when the door opened again, this time Bill coming in.

"Tad, are you done leaving the food for Pine Tree?" he asked without noticing the brunet was awake, "The others are getting impatient about their food, mainly me."

"OH, AXOLOTL!" Tad exclaimed, facepalming again at his mistake, "I'm so sorry, Captain, I'll be right on that. Oh, and also the one you've been calling 'Pine Tree' is awake now."

Bill blinked and looked over to see the brunet  sitting up on the bed, awkwardly waving at him. "Oh, well, I'll watch over him while you serve the food," he offered.

Tad nodded and leaned closer to the captain's ear. "Please be nice to him, he seems a bit shy."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Bill rolled his eye and pushed Tad out of the room, "Just make sure there's some food left over for me. That's an order."

Tad left the room and closed the door, leaving Bill and the one he called Pine Tree by themselves. The blond looked over at him, seeing him fiddling with his fingers and staring at the ground. Bill sighed and grabbed the wooden stool from the corner and sat in front of the boy.