Chapter 4

At the end of every week, the Nightmare Dwellers would get together in the evening to have a small party, just a little celebratory get-together for all the work they've done. They set tables of food and chairs for everyone to sit on. The party always included Tad's cooking since he was the only person on the ship who was actually good at it, and beer and other drinks that could last the whole crew all night.

This time, though, there was more of a reason to celebrate. The crew was very happy to have Dipper on board, especially Bill. He couldn't think of how he's lived his whole life until now without him; he was the thing he didn't know he needed. Of course, he wouldn't admit this feeling to anyone. It was unnatural to him and mostly tried to ignore it. It was hard to hide this feeling considering he couldn't help but stare every time he passed by.

After the party was set, the sun had completely gone down which meant it was time for the fun to begin. Lamps and candles lit their night and the music some of the crew members played prevented any dull silence. Just as all of these nights went, it was a grand time.

At around midnight, Dipper had his fair share of fun after dancing and eating and decided to stay quiet for the rest of the night. He sat on a chair away from the tables to let the crew have their fun without him getting in the way of anything. He stayed close enough to hear them, laughing now and then as he kept a small bottle of ale to keep him awake. He enjoyed watching them have a good time and seeing how close of a family they looked together.

Just as his eyes were starting to feel heavy, he was reawakened by a touch on his shoulder. He looked over and found Bill, holding a large glass of beer, with a wide grin on his face. "Hey, Pine Tree," he greeted with his sinister but soft smile.

Dipper smiled back and waved at him. "Hey, Bill,"

"Whatcha doing away from the others?" Bill asked curiously as he pulled up a chair to sit next to the brunet.

Dipper replied with a shrug and said, "Not that I don't feel like I fit in, but I figured I'd give you guys your time to do more 'piratey' things." He displayed what he was talking about by pointing to the large table that Pyronica was standing on, chugging a huge glass of beer while the others repeatedly chanted her name loudly.

Bill chuckled as he looked at his demonstration and nodded. "It's alright, I understand."

"How come you're here and not with them?" Dipper asked curiously.

Bill shrugged while taking a sip of his drink. "Kinda like you, I needed a break," he answered, "Plus, you're over here."

Dipper blushed lightly and tried hiding his face as he felt it heat up. He could feel his affection for Bill getting stronger every day but he could not let it out or take over him. He knew it was wrong in so many ways and he knew hiding his secret was what he needed to do.

"So, Pine Tree," Bill said, already sounding tipsy, "What kind of name is Dipper, anyway?"

The brunet's face turned slightly pink, starting to feel embarrassed as he brushed his bangs to be sure they were hiding his forehead. "Oh, it's, um..." he tried to think of what to say and sighed, "It's stupid."

Bill gasped loudly, sounding obviously drunk. "Oh, please!" he scoffed, "It can't be as stupid as my embarrassing secret."

Dipper raised an eyebrow at him. "You have an embarrassing secret?"

The blond nodded. "Yup! Ooo, I have an idea!" he offered, "How about I tell you my secret and you tell me about your name, how's that sound?"

"I don't think that's fair when you're drunk," Dipper chuckled.