Chapter 2

Sitting at my desk, I flipped through the several files and papers of our legal businesses

   Sitting at my desk, I flipped through the several files and papers of our legal businesses. The glass of whiskey next to me is sitting in a small smooth glass with a round spherical piece of ice. I sighed as I stopped for a moment, running my hands over my face, the stress slowly eating me alive like every other day. A knock rings through my ears, and my eyes look up slowly through the edge of my reading glasses as I remove them and look at the door. " Come in," I say sternly, waiting to see who walks in. The door opens and three of my oldest walk into the room. 

   Lorenzo looks at me and sighs. "Father, you know we can help you with those files. We have already finished ours." He says as they all walk over to my desk, holding up the stacks of files I gave them earlier in the week. Dario stares at me silently, before his eyes glance over the papers in front of me. "Are those the business initiative papers?" Lucio cut it before Dario could say anything, making him get a glare from his older brothers.

   The twins being at school, helped us work from home together, instead of constantly going into the office. I sighed and looked at them before running my hands over my face and through my dark brown hair. "Yes it-" I was saying before my phone rang next to me. Looking over at the phone, it read Unknown. I raised my eyebrow, before reaching for my phone to answer the call. "Hello? Who is this?" I spoke sternly, my eyes going to the three in front of me, keeping my phone on speaker. A woman's voice sounded through the phone. 

   "Is this Mr. Castiello, I am speaking to? This is Ms.Cooper with Social Services. It seems we have found your daughter, Valerie Williams in Cincinnati, Ohio." My eyes widened softly, looking at the phone and then back up to the boys. "How sure are you that it is her?" I spoke softly, a sudden feeling overcoming me that I have never felt before. "Ninety-Nine point Nine percent, Mr. Castiello. It was a match in the system. Would you like to take her into your custody or send her into foster care?" She said before her voice went into a sad tone at the end. I clenched my fist at her words, before taking a deep breath, tears brimming my eyes.

   We found our baby girl, our princess, and she will come home, I thought to myself. "We would love to take custody of her, I'm sure her five brothers would love to have their baby sister back, and I would love to have my daughter back in my life," I spoke quickly, noticing the boys nodding harshly. Dario barely held his shock in as his fists clenched tears brimming his eyes. Lorenzo's hand covered his mouth as tears were streaming down his face, the first sign of any emotion in his ears. Lucio on the other hand looked angry, his little sister was taken from him several days after she was born. His mother took her life when she thought we'd never get her back.

   We were all going through several emotions. "Great, well we are staying in the Cincinnati Police Department, I will send you a picture of her, and print out the papers for you to sign once you get here." Ms.Cooper spoke happily, hearing typing on what sounded like a computer before my phone buzzed from her message. "We will see you when you get here, Mr.Castiello." She said before the call hung up. I looked at the photo and gasped then covered my mouth. She looked so small, and fragile. Her dark brown hair matched all of her siblings, long and pin-straight. Her brown eyes matched her mothers perfectly, and she had a small button nose just like her mother.