Chapter 10

I laid there awake, I've been awake since around, 4:30 AM, I thought for once in my life, after telling someone what Jameson did, I'd be at peace a little more

I laid there awake, I've been awake since around, 4:30 AM, I thought for once in my life, after telling someone what Jameson did, I'd be at peace a little more. But sadly I don't feel at peace, because there is still a threat, but I can't tell anyone. I'm afraid of what will happen if I do. Like if anyone found out what Luka's done to me. What he took from me when I was so young. What he took from me two years ago. And what he continued to do even when I begged him to stop.

He had no sympathy for what he did, he didn't regret it. He made that very clear, especially when he got his friends in on it. The only thing I ever wanted was to keep something for myself, but he took it. Now I have nothing, I have tried to leave this world so many times, but they always find me. They never let me, that was why my room was so barren. Just a barren thin old mattress that lay on the floor, the small dresser that held the small number of things I had, and my small torn blanket that was too small to even cover me anymore.

I bit my lip as I continued to stare out the window, the sun was very slowly coming up as I listened to the beeping of the heart monitor. Suddenly the beeping increased as I fell back into my thoughts, Luka said we would be back together soon. What did he mean? Was he gonna take me away from them? Or hurt them and take me away? Or hurt me... I felt my hands start to shake as tears streamed down my face. I suddenly couldn't breathe. I looked at my hands before I brought them to my throat. I clawed at my neck and chest, in need of oxygen.

I needed help, I didn't feel alright. I can't breathe. But my mouth wouldn't move to speak, or even yell for help. All I wanted to do was scream, but I couldn't. I quickly got up off the bed pulling everything off of my body. The IVs, The blankets, the heart monitor stickers, everything. I slipped my clothes back on to hide my body from the world as I threw the hospital gown to the side. My body shook as I gasped for air. I couldn't get any no matter how hard I tried. I had to get out. I couldn't stay here. I can't let them see me like this. I'm too broken. They'll send me away. Or get hurt. What if Luka hurts me when they find out? Or he gets someone to hurt them to get to me... I couldn't let that happen.

My feet carried me quickly as I stumbled out of the room, and down the massive halls until I was somehow in the foyer. My body ached as it pushed forward, and my feet moved quicker to the door before it slammed open. Before I could even touch the doorknob, in front of me stood a tall man, covered in spatters of blood hidden under his trench coat. He looked shocked to see me before he pulled out a gun, his face got angrier. "UH UH UH, WHO ARE YOU? AND WHY ARE YOU TRESPASSING!?!" He shouted, making a noise stir from upstairs as I stumbled backward a sob ratcheting through me.

My body flew to the floor as my eyes trained on the gun. I couldn't speak as he pulled the back pin of the gun, making a clicking sound echo around us. "ANSWER ME!" He yelled once more, making a yelp leave me as I folded my body in on itself, covering my face with my arms like it would protect me from him. I tried to speak, but I couldn't. I couldn't even breathe as my chest started to ache. My head got dizzier, the longer the gun was pointing at me. My ribs ached and so did my back.