Chapter 9

*POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING* FLASHBACK WARNING AHEAD!

   "Valerie, we have to have a serious conversation," Alessandro said sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed I was in, Lorenzo sat on the other side, Dario standing next to him, Lucio next to Alessandro, Matteo, and Mattia on both sides of ...

   "Valerie, we have to have a serious conversation," Alessandro said sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed I was in, Lorenzo sat on the other side, Dario standing next to him, Lucio next to Alessandro, Matteo, and Mattia on both sides of my legs. I looked at everyone before my eyes widened looking down and seeing my arms, and the feeling of sudden realization overcame me as I quickly covered my arms with the hospital blanket but it was too late.

   Dario looked at me and sighed, "Valerie, Dr. King and I have already seen them... all of them. Can you tell us who did this to you?" I froze looking at him, 'No..no.... they will throw me out now. No one wants a broken daughter or sister..' I felt tears brimming my eyes as I stared at him before I felt a hand clasping mine, making my head turn to my hand. Lorenzo had reached forward to hold my hand. I looked back at Dario and shook my head. 'Lie. They won't want you! Your Pathetic!' The voice in my head said to me.

   I looked down, biting my lip to quiet myself down from any sobs that wanted to break through. "No one, I was in an accident a while back..." I lied straight through my teeth, I felt bad, I knew the honesty rule, but I still lied. I didn't want them to make me go back to Luka. Or someone worse. My hands clenched tightly, not realizing I was squeezing Lorenzo's hand. "Why are you lying, principessa? Those marks, bruises, and cuts aren't from an accident. They are signs of abuse... severe abuse..." Dario said softly, crouching down next to me, while Lorenzo squeezed my hand back in a comforting way. But the second Dario mentioned my lies, my face fell as suddenly my breathing increased and I wasn't with my brothers anymore.  {Translation: Princess}

*FLASHBACK WARNING*

I was walking home happily, a great day at school, soon to become a terrible day at home. Ten-year-old me walked up the front steps of our small two-bedroom house. I was a little late, but I didn't care. A boy kissed me, and I made a best friend, even though I'm not supposed to make friends. I walked into the house placing my bag on the ground where it always went as the door closed behind me like always. But what ten-year-old me didn't expect was to be dragged by my hair into our small basement room. The person dragging me down the stairs didn't care for my cries as I was pulled down. Each step hits a different spot on my body. My hip, My back, My leg, My arm. Several bruises were forming from just that.

My body was flung into the wall as I collapsed into tears, my eyes meeting the face of my father. "No, please I'm sorry for being late.. the teacher held me back to talk, please..no" My small voice begged helplessly as he backhanded me. "Liar!" He kicked my arm from underneath me, making me hit the ground before I could catch myself, my head smacked into the ground. Black dots cloud my vision momentarily before kicks hit my stomach. My cries fell on deaf ears, as I begged him to stop. But he didn't. "Why must you lie to me? I know you were with a boy! You whore. What did you lose your virtue already? You are such a slut!" He seethed angrily, his kicks stopping and becoming punches to my body.