A cold Monday morning

Haru was sitting in his bathtub with his swimsuit on of course and was staring at the wall.

He barely got any sleep last night, spending it crying the night away like he's been doing for the past week.

Haru's life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. To be honest it was the complete opposite of that. It was very much darker.

Haru couldn't even explain the amount of pain he's been in for the past couple years. His parents aren't present in his life, Rin left him to go to Australia again, and kids at his school have started to bully him.

He just stared at his wall with his head leaning on the other wall. How had his life come to this? Everything was fine when he was a kid before Rin left for Australia and his parents were still with him.

He got out of the tub and got changed in his underwear and nothing else. He laid down in his bed and closed his eyes falling asleep. He wasn't going to school today.
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up and checked his phone. It was 2:00pm of the next day. He slept for the entire day yesterday, he was probably exhausted because he hadn't slept in a week. He didn't want to get out of bed but he had to.

He then realized he missed two days of school. "Damn it, I'm going to have a shit ton of work to do." Haru said with a scoff. He had to go in tomorrow to get his stuff and not have a third days worth of work piled on top of what he already has to do.

He heard a buzzing sound and saw that he got a text from Rin. The man that Haru has been in love with for years but also the one who put Haru through a lot of pain. But he didn't care because he loved him.

He avoided the 100 missed messages and 86 missed calls he had and looked at Rin's message.

'Hey Haru! I have some amazing news! I'm coming back to Japan tomorrow! I'm heading to the plane right now and Sousuke is picking me up from the airport and dropping me off at home. I can't wait to see you and the others again! We can hang out whenever you want when we aren't practicing I promise! I'll see you tomorrow!'

Haru smiled from the text. He was happy that he was going to see Rin again. That didn't mean that he wasn't still depressed.

It took him a good three hours to read every single missed message and listen to every single missed call.

He decided to apologize for making everyone worry about him. After all that is all he's good for, making the team worry.

Well damn, rewriting this I forgot how angsty it was. I hope you are looking forward to this rewrite! I've gotten back into Free and I remembered I had two stories on it! I'm not going to rewrite the story that is already completed, I'll just put in my message board for you guys to read! I've never really written anything based on this topic, I think the inspiration for this was a fanfic I read years ago where Haru was also struggling with depression so I guess I wanted to take a whirl at it! But, like I said, I know that this is a very serious topic, so if I offend anyone and people let me know about it, I'll take this story down. Anyway, chapters 2 and 3 will be posted right after this and then after that is basically a new start since I only got to 3 chapters. I hope you like the story!