Chapter 3: Eclipse

Delilah's P.O.V.

"Okay, if we can have everyone's attention." I said as I stood on the platform in the wolf den, my mates standing beside me as we looked down on all the werewolves below us.

"There have been reports that a pack of rogue wolves planning to invade our territory and Seabrook. Knowing that they live in the deepest, darkest part of the Forbidden Forest, they're not that far. So, to keep us safe, there will be a group patrolling the perimeter to ensure that no rogues are near the pack." Willa explained.

The wolves nodded in agreement. I could see the pups looking worried and clinging onto their parents. My motherly instincts kicked into full gear at the thought of any rogues trying to hurt our pups.

"Don't worry, little ones." I reassured them.

"As you all may know, the eclipse is tonight and it's a very big deal for all of us. Not only will our powers increase, but our wolf sides will be unleashed. So, to make it safe, we're all going to the abandoned warehouse in Seabrook where chains on the ground have been installed all throughout the building for future use in case of future eclipses. The chains are powerful enough to the point where it's impossible to break free. Don't worry, they're not made out of silver. The more experienced wolves who are able to control themselves will be on-guard to make sure those who will be in chains can't hurt themselves or others."

Murmurs sounded in the pack along with a couple nodding their heads in understanding.

"The pups won't be affected, as their powers don't fully develop until they're at least 13. They'll be staying here at the den under the care of my sister and the Elders. I'll admit that I'm still learning the aspects of being Alpha and don't have experience with lunar eclipses. The best advice I can give is that if you feel yourself about to lose control, find an anchor. Something meaningful to you. If you bind yourself to it, it will keep the human side in control. Your anchor can be a person, place, or object, even a mantra. With that being said, good luck tonight." I said.

Once the pack went their separate ways, I looked at my mates. "Have there been any signs or traces of the rogues?"

They shook their heads. "Not as far as the rest of the territory."

"Well, we have to keep an eye out. We've dealt with hunters in the past and we don't know what else might be out there." I explained.

"Even if rogues came in, you could easily wipe them out or make them go away. You're stronger than they are or any of us. You're the Queen of all werewolves and a very powerful one at that." Willa said.

I took a deep breath before I looked at the time. It was already close to lunch and it wouldn't hurt to go into Seabrook. We haven't been there for a while.

"Let's go get something to eat. I'm starving." I said.

"We already ate, though." Wynter said.

"We can go with you if you want." Willa offered. I smiled and agreed before I said bye to the pack. and gave her a kiss.

We made our way to the exit of the den before we began our destination to Seabrook. The three of us kept going until we found a diner and saw a couple of our friends.

Addison, Zed, A-Lan, Eliza, and A-Spen.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted and they all smiled, seeing me.

"It's been a while!" My best friend said as she hugged me. "It really has." I said before we let go. I touched her blue hair and smiled. "You're rocking this hair."

She laughed before we all sat down. I ordered my food as we continued chatting with our friends.

"Have you guys shifted into wolves yet?" Addison asked.