Girls Books

Damian and Johnathan were sitting in Damien's bedroom watching a movie.

"Hey, John I gonna go get some snacks okay?" Said Damien as he stood up.

"Okay I'll be right here" Johnathan replied.

When Damien left the room, Johnathan was staring at Damien's bookshelf. It was organized in alphabetical order.

A book title caught his eye the most. Johnathan went to check the book out till he realized what book it was.

It was a light pink book with a teacup in the middle, the cup had red liquid in it with the cup saying 'Cup of Tea' in cursive.

Johnathan smiled a bit and laughed.

"I'm back," Damien announced walking in with a basket full of food and drinks.

"YOU READ CUP OF TEA?" Johnathan yelled holding the book in Damien's face.

"Yeah, so?" Damien placed the basket on his desk while moving his homework out of the way.

"Isn't it a girl's book?" Johnathan examined the book closer.

"Have you ever read or watched the series?" Damien asked.

"There's a series, as in a show about this book?" Damien nodded.

"What is it about?"

"It's a girl that went on a date with a guy she met online turns out he's a cannibal and had been stalking her for months and for her not to be killed and eaten she has to pretend she likes him too and kills people for food to give the guy," Damien replied.

"So she becomes a killer?" Damien nodded again.

Damien got on his bed with a bag of chips and turned off the movie.

"If I were you, you should watch the series before reading the book because it's less gruesome."

Johnathan sat on the bed looking at the TV as Damien showed him the series.

"So Bruce just gets you books he knows you'll like," Johnathan asked putting the book back.

"No, all my current books are from either Barbara, Dick, or Jason since they read a lot." He replied eating a chip.

"How come I've never seen you read this book?"

"Because there are so many plot twists that I'll need to vent to Jason since he gave me all the books."

"There are 21 if you're counting," Damian was looking at Johnathan who stopped counting when he heard the number.

"Geez, and what book are you on?"

"12, I'm on a plot twist and I need to talk to Jason," Johnathan grabbed soda and chips and laid on the bed.

"Well let's start the series." When they got to episode 5 another question popped into Johnathan's brain.

"Why is it called Cup of Tea?" Damien looked into Johnathan's eyes.

"Were you paying attention?" Johnathan nodded.

"Mattew fell in love with Alex at a coffee shop where she was drinking tea," Damien responded more calmly than Johnathan expected so he didn't push him any more questions.

By the time the boys got to season 2 Johnathan was under the blanket.

"You said the series is less gruesome."

"Because they are," Damien laughed quietly at the son of Superman being scared of bodies covered in blood.

"Your weird D.W."