Chapter 2

Deep in the sewers, the turtles had already left the game. It was damp and cold out and it was a lot colder than above. One of them poked her head in front of the sewer grate and saw thousands of people dressed in Halloween costumes. It seemed to be a perfect night to go outside.

Something made her remember those times when they had halloween. When they were human beings, they used to dress up as magical girls. She remembered that Tomoka used to make halloween treats while Reika started to design the dresses. Shira felt her wings droop. She just wished she could celebrate and go outside, but she remembered that it wasn't a good idea to go outside. And besides, she could never forgive April for what she did. She remembered that the Foot clan captured the turtles [Raph's brothers] ever since Eric Sack's gave April the tracker card. She angrily blamed her for everything that she had caused. Her thoughts were interrupted when Tomoka's phone rang. She began to answer it.

"April! How'd it go?"

"Tomoka, I'm looking at the data from Baxter's iPad," whispered April.

"Hey, you got in. What did you find?"

Before she could respond and end the call, the files started disappearing before her eyes. "Hold on, Tomoka. The files are erasing. It's some sort of self-destruct program."

The screen went blank. "Erasing?" Tomoka spoke, her glitchy effect took place.

"Before they started erasing, I had a chance to read a couple of Baxter's emails, and I was right. Baxter is working with the Foot Clan," April told Tomoka over the phone. She hung up. She turned to his brother and sisters with a pale look on her face.

"Shredder is being transported to a prison in upstate New York tonight. And the Foot Clan are planning on hitting the convoy."

The young turtle's eyes grew wide. He knew something might happen. "They're gonna break him out of police custody. He'll be free again!" the hawksbill turtle spoke.

"Who, Tomoka?"

"Shredder."

Deep below the city, in the Turtle's lair, Master Splinter was meditating balanced upside down. His four sons and daughters barreled down the water slide entrance to the lair, kicking up a big wave that splashed Splinter. "Excuse me. All right, slow down. Does somebody want to explain?" the rat ordered. The sisters tumbled on each other and almost got back on their feet.

"Sensei, the Foot Clan are attempting to break Shredder out of custody," Shira said,

"If Shredder is free, his reign of terror over the city will begin again," Splinter remarked.

"Exactly."

"Then there's only one question: Why are you wasting time talking to a grumpy old rat? Go get him!"

Shira smiled and flapped her wings. "Thanks, Dad."

The sisters stormed past and grabbed fighting gear, Reika dug through a cardboard box. "I can't find my decapitated head. Manako, did you-"

"No, I didn't touch any of your stuff," Manako squeaked. Manako gets a little moody. She never liked to be teased and sometimes, white foam appeared in her mouth and teeth.

Shira and her siblings went to the part where Tomoka was waiting. "Okay guys, don't get too excited. It's still a work in progress," she said. She began to remove the cover that was on the Shellraiser. She had upgraded the turtle truck a little bit. Even now, it has a flying device on the top. It took the shape of a monarch that allowed only one member to control it. Thick tubes attached to the cloth like wings attached to a handle. "OMG! Are you kidding me?" Manako squealed.

"I'm telling you guys, a lot of tweaking is still required. But when it's done, it's gonna be amazing," Tomoka replied, as she floated her way to the top. "It's got weapons and also created a flying monarch machine on top just in case," said Tomoka.

"How did you make it?" Shira asked.

"All these wires are still bunched up here. There's no organization to any of this. I've got red wires, yellow wires... As you can see, the spot welding is not done yet... The seats don't recline..."

Shira reached across from the passenger seat and turned the key in the ignition. Manako sat at the back seat in a meditative pose, holding a throwing star in each hand. Then the Shellraiser slammed into a brick wall, which was actually a door- their secret exit from the lair. They bust though into an underpass below Grand Central.