Chapter 16

Finally, it was over. Everything is back to normal again. The mutant animals or criminals Snake Eyes, Bebop and Rocksteady were in prison and the Technodrome was destroyed. Shira and the others were accepted to live in the human world. Splinter was there, and Rebecca rewarded them with a key symbol of their partnership. April told the news everything about the disaster. About the Technodrome that almost destroyed the city, how Shredder disappeared and how everything almost came to an end. Not ever since, they never saw him in a long time. Shredder is missing somehow. Perhaps, he must have disappeared in the strange dimension where the alien lived.

A few minutes later, April went back to Casey, now back to his job. "So, you got plans next weekend?" she asked Casey.

"Just my regular hockey game. Do you want to come watch me play?"

April let out a smile. "Watch? I'll take you one on one. And I'll kick your butt."

"I bet you will."

Shira smiled as she looked at her friends and the people. It has been a very long time since the people have seen Shira ever since her wheelchair was found in Sack's lab. She remembered the day that she met the Turtles as a human, and how she was mutated into a hybrid mutant not like any turtle they ever saw. Her first ever love changed her life forever. Not even a lot better than our old life at all. Shira and her sisters knew this world wasn't going to be the same. They became heroes who teamed up with a team of ninja turtles who wanted the world to be better. Those humans did accept them as a new member of the outside world. Not even sure that these strangers were born half mutant human or hybrid due to the power inside them or not even a single soul is born.

"I think you should give people more credit. They'll accept you now," Rebecca said, looking at Shira.

"You're probably right. But, uh... I think we'll stick with the arrangement we've had," Shira said softly. "If you ever need us, April knows where to find us."

"Really? "Rebecca said, "You could live a normal life, like the rest of us."

"Normal? What fun is that?"

"I bet so do," Shira grinned."What do you think, Leo-" She suddenly stopped when remembered Leo is not with her. Her smile turned into a sad look. "Oh..." Tomoka notices that look on her older sister's face. She seemed worried.

"You feeling okay?" Rebecca asked her.

"I'm fine," Shira whimpered. "Let's just go home."

And with that, Shira began to leave the stage. Raph and the three girls watched her in concern. "Do you think she's gonna be okay?" Manako asked Reika.

"I'm not sure," Reika pondered. They all smiled with a look of hope and nod.

"Finally, we're back," Manako sighed after they returned to the lair. The other remaining siblings nod and were tired after their long battle.

"Does anyone need to be healed?" Splinter asked them.

"My shell is a little cracked after that alien almost crushed me," Manako replied.

"What about you Shira?" Reika asked her.

"I'm fine, " she called. "I'll be in my den if you need me."

Once she was in her bedroom, Shira began to take off her armor and started to clean herself by cleaning the wounds and wrapping them up into bandages. "Maybe some rest might be able to help..." She began to lay down on her side. Just as she was about to sleep, she noticed a small photo on her desk. She takes a look at it until she lets out a small gasp. It was a photo of the entire family.

Leo... Mikey... Donnie...

Shira felt tears coming up from her eyes, remembering how tragic that they died. They had just met two years ago until the Foot clan showed up and captured them. They started to drain off the turtle's blood and killed them for it. She covered her mouth to stop her crying. She curled up close and started to sniffle. Her sobbing grew a little louder.

"Shira, are you okay..." Tomoka's voice answered. She poked in and saw her sniffling.

"What's going on?" Manako asked and so did the rest of her family. They paused at the sight of Shira as she sniffled and rubbed her tears away. That was when they saw the photo of Leo, Donnie and Mikey. They understood what she had been crying and they embraced her in a hug. They all thought about Leo, Mikey and Donnie and they began to sob gently. They just that they would spend more time with them, even risk saving them just in time before the Foot clan even got to them and captured them. They have died for them, and there is no way they can change time and restart. Shira began to sob in sadness as she hugged the photo in her chest.

"I know, Shira..." Reika comforted her. "We miss them."