Chapter 3: Nevermind...

I stepped inside to my house, soaked. It had started raining when I was walking home, and I wished I left at the same time as Gordie. He was dry and warm, while I was wet and shivering.

Gordie looked up at me from his book. "Hey Willow, go get changed, they'll get mad if you're dripping all over their floor." I knew who 'they' were. Our parents.

I started towards the stairs, but on the way, I slipped and fell. Holy shit, that hurt. My head banged into the fireplace, and before I could get up, my mother's favorite vase fell and shattered into a million pieces. Shit. 

"What the hell was that?!" My father exclaimed. Gordie rushed over to where I was laying. "Jesus, 'Lo, what happened?" Gordie is pretty much the only one who calls me Lo. Teddy had done it occasionally, but I was usually just called Willow by the guys.

I sat up and felt pain all over. "Yeah, I'm alright I guess." Gordie reached his hand out and pulled me up. "Turn around." he said softly. I followed his command and heard him gasp.

"What, whats wrong with me?" I asked. I turned back around to face him. Just then, my dad started coming down the stairs.

"Kids, what did you do this ti-" he stopped. My dad looked back and forth between Gordie, the vase, and I. "You're lucky your mother isn't home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finished cleaning up every shard of glass, and the pain in the back of my head grew larger. I walked over to Gordie and said, "Well, what were you over here gasping about earlier?" He looked at me. "I hate to tell you, sis, but theres a giant shard of glass in your head"

My eyes went wide and I understood why it hurt so badly. It ached, it burned, it throbbed. I wish I could reach back and pull it out, but I couldn't. It was too dangerous, I could die!

"Gordie, we have to tell dad!" He shook his head. "No, he'll get mad."

Why would he het mad? I was like, dying over here. I ignored Gordie's words and walked to the kitchen where my father was.

"Hi dad." he looked at me and back at his coffee. "Listen, I'm sorry for breaking the vase, I didn't mean to and you know that." He nodded and turned towards me.

"I know that, Willow, but I'm assuming your mother is going to ground you." I looked down at my feet. If I got grounded, I wouldn't be able to go on the trip with the boys! She couldn't ground me!

"Yeah, I know... Hey, dad? Can you look at my head? It really hurts." I was making sure Gordie was seeing things, and making sure I wasn't going to die.

"Sure." he said, motioning for me to come closer. I walked towards my father and faced away from him. He looked at my head, and I heard him make a noise of disapproval. "What is it?"

He grabbed my shoulders and turned me towards him. "Honey, theres pieces of glass in your head."

Okay, so ummm. This chapter is pretty interesting, but I promise it will make more sense later on. If any of you have any questions or recommendations, bla bla bla, I will try to answer them or take them into consideration. Thank you if you are reading this book, and I'll try my best to keep updating!
-Alli
Word Count: 532