🐚27~ Pain and Sorrow

The End-of-Year Academy Ball has finally arrived and everyone is getting ready. Today was the 30th of June which was also the last Friday in the Month for the 3rd year students at Night Raven College before they left for their outside studies. Annabeth can't believe how quickly time has passed. She knows that soon some of her closest friends are already leaving and she will only see them at the cultural festival in February again.

"I can't believe that I will soon be in my 2nd year and the twins are in their 3rd year." Annabeth muttered while sighing. During this time, Lilia finally started to talk with her normally again and it's like nothing ever happened.

He explained that he really needed this time to get his mind clear and that he still loved Annabeth like family and not like a partner romantically. "It's good to know that you figured out, that your love for me is more like that of brother and sister, than that of a girlfriend, bride, wife." Annabeth was delighted to hear that and Lilia does sometimes regret his decision, but he thinks it's for the best when Eloise wants to go back so badly, into her real world.

Lilia nods, "I just hope Eloise calms down and talks normally to you." It would be sad to lose a friend this way. Eloise didn't exchange any words with Annabeth, and only referred to Ace or Deuce. It did hurt that Eloise avoided her all of a sudden and Anna tried to talk to her many times, to clear everything between them. How can you clear misunderstandings if you can't communicate with each other?

Veronica joined the party as Malleus' dance partner. Jamil was surprised to find out that Princess Layla was his dance partner. He stares skeptically at Kalim for a moment. Annabeth attends the party with Jade and Floyd. Lilia went without a dance partner. He originally planned to be Eloise's partner, but after what happened he changed his mind. Eloise appears with a tall handsome black haired man by her side.

Everyone is surprised that she comes and that she does not arrive alone. Eloise smiles gently while being escorted by that person. Anna doesn't know why, but that guy made her feel uncomfortable. "Looks like Dame Timide still decided to come, even after what happened." Rook says, smiling. "This will be a splendid night." He chuckles and looks over at Vil. Vil simply sighs and shakes his head.

Henrietta was then joining them. She says calmly, "It's not easy for a girl to show herself in society, after getting her heart broken." Then she looks at the man who escorts Eloise. "Hmmm..." Vil looks at her. "Is something wrong?" he asks Henry, and she thinks for a moment. "I have a feeling that I have seen this gentleman somewhere before. But I don't remember where...", she tells him and looks into Vil's eyes.

"Maybe you saw him once or twice in our school. At least he is wearing the colors of Diasomnia." he says calmly, but it's somehow odd. That guy looked outstanding, so why hadn't he noticed him before? Even Rook hadn't seen this person before, even though that guy looked interesting to him.

"He must have concealed his true beauty in rags." Rook explains. Then the music started to play for the first dance. "If I could ask for this dance." Vil bows slightly in front of Henrietta and she smiles softly. "It would be my pleasure."she responds, laying her hand in his and walking over to the dance floor. Rook watches them from afar and enjoys the view.

Veronica was the one asking Malleus if he liked to dance and he is a bit stunned but says yes. Normally, the guy asks the girl for a dance. "Is Lilia doing well? You mentioned that something had happened in your letter?", she asks Malleus while they were dancing. It is the most convenient way to converse without others listening. "He's still feeling down, but it already gets better." He explains calmly, and she smiles cheerfully. "Whatever bothered him, I'm sure he can get through it.", Veronica says not knowing what really happened, but also not getting too deep into this matter.