Chapter One: School

"Zale Hurry Up!" I shout while banging on her door.
"Coming coming give me a second" she shouts back. I open the door there's Zale lying on her bed playing on phone.
"Seriously" I say while crossing my arms," where going to be late."
"Does it look like I care, anyways I hate that school"
I walk towards her but then the floor in front of me bursts in to flames.
"You know your power doesn't effect me" I say while I walk through it.
"It was worth a shot." She says while sitting up.
"Come on Maples getting impatient and Jewels says you should suck it up and get out there." Zale rolls her eyes and walks outside with me.
We break into a sprint and mount on to our horse.
"Race ya!" Zale shout.
"Oh your on!"
We break into a gallop I'm a head, when all of a sudden Maple rears and I fell off backwards, landing on my back. I quickly scramble to my feet trying to calm Maple down. I grab one of the reins but she's still bucking and rearing then I result to the only thing that won't ended up getting her self hurt. I touch her and she falls to the ground in a sleep.
"Did you really have to neutralize her." Zale says.
"She's a four year old she still need some training because something over here is scaring the shit out of her." I walk over and start petting her, her eyes flutter open and she stands up. I smile and mount back on.
"Ok know lets get to school" I say and we race off.

Time lapse

The lunch bell just rang and I race out of class we have an hour for lunch and we're allowed to leave. I meet up with Zale outside like we always do.
"Zale" I call to her.
"Hey where are we going to eat today" she says while handing me my horse.
"how about the café" I say while mounting my horse.
"Ok" and we set off.
Galloping into town then slow into a walk, we live in a rural, so it's not city life but in one month me and Zale are heading to the city for the college of supernaturals.

Time lapse

We are back at school and finally me and Zale are in the same math class. The teacher starts talking and I zone out immediately I start thinking about the farm. How is my mom going work the farm alone. My dad was an alcoholic and she was gonna give him another chance but then he hit her out of range from the alcohol and she kicked him out. The bell rings and I snap out of my zone. I pick up my books and walk out. I see a crowd forming, Dalton must be bullying someone. Then I hear that it Zale I push through the crowd and I see Zale pinned against a locker and Dalton towering over her.
"Hey!" I shout a Dalton.
"What, oh it's you Ashling what did you do come to watch me beat up your friend"
"Dalton we all know the only reason you beat up Zale is because your such a coward to pick on someone your own size."
"Really look now your my own size" he says while picking me up by my collar so I'm at eye level with him. I kick him where the sun don't shine and he drops me then I take my fist and smash it on back cause him o fall to the ground face first.
"Bye Dalton" I say and step on his hand as I walk away.

I grab my books for my last of the day class I look at the seating chart, great I'm sitting right next to my nemesis, Mitchell Johnson. I go to the back the class room and take my seat, then Mitchell waltzes in ten minutes late and plots in the seat next to me. The teacher turns toward the board and Mitchell leans over and whispers in my ear,
"I like your horse Ash" I tense up.
"What did you do!" I whisper shout at him.
"I just hope up know how to ride bareback" he says the pause," oh yeah sorry I forgot bareback on a mule. I glare at him Mitchell is a supernatural also he has the power to shape shift things. We have been nemesis since we were in first grade when he dare me to jump in the freezing cold creek in winter, then ran off with my towel leaving me there to walk home alone in the dark.
"Well Michelle" which is what I like to call him,"at least I'm not the one with ants nun their pants." just as I say that the bell rings and Mitchell sprints out, and I left laughing my head off.