Moving

I hated moving, I was only five and moving to a place called 'Washington heights, New York' I couldn't leave my friends, they were all I had, I wish there was a way to stay here in Idaho but my mom said that I'll make new friends, I could barley make friends here! What makes my mom think that I would make friends somewhere I've never been!! As the moving guys packed up the last of the boxes I saw my dad lock the door to where I thought I would spend the rest of my life at.

A FEW HOURS LATER

My parents and I boarded the plane to New York, I cried the whole four hours. When we got to the New York airport (a/n: heh that rhymes 😂) my dad called a taxi, it was cold, and dark, I wasn't wearing my jacket because it was in my suitcase. When the taxi pulled around it was 10:00 pm, four hours pass my bed time! The man driving the taxi was quite scary, he had a gnarly scar on his right eye, which made his pupils white, he was wearing a funny hat like the mad hatter, and had a very formal suit on. My dad gave the driver directions to our new house, and the driver rode off.

By the time we got there I was dozing off, my mom woke me up so we could walk up the stairs to our new house. It was right next to some other houses that looked exactly like ours, it was also next to a very dark, and scary woods so I know not to go near there. I went upstairs, put a blanket down and knocked out. I woke up the next morning to a knock on the door, I rushed down stairs and saw my dad open the door. A man, and a woman carrying a fruit basket were at the door.

"Hello, I am Luis Miranda, and this is my wife Luz towns-Miranda. We're your neighbors on the right." The man said in a very strong Puerto Rican accent, he held out his hand and my dad shook it.

"Nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Miranda, I'm Quinn Roger, my wife started work early so I'm here unpacking." My dad sounded happy, Me and my dad both have anxiety so meeting new people is kinda hard.

"And who is that little one over there?" The woman pointed out

"Oh." My dad turned around in surprise, I was hiding behind a wall so I was also surprised she saw me. "This is my daughter Y/n, come here sweetie." My dad ushered me towards him, I came out from behind the wall and hid behind my dads leg.

"Hi Y/n." The man said in a calm voice, he bent down so he could see me better "I'm Luis, and this is my wife Luz, we're your neighbors. How old are you y/n?"

"I'm five." I whispered holding five fingers up.

"That's awesome. I have two kids, my son Lin is the same age as you. Would you like to meet him?" Wondered Luis. My face lit up, I just got here and could make a new friend, I nodded my head and came out from behind my dads leg.

"Mr. Roger is it ok if we could take y/n to our house, she could meet my kids, and if she hasn't had breakfast yet she could eat at our place?" Asked Luz. My dad looked down at me waiting for my answer, I nodded in approval.

"Sure, meeting new people would be nice, right y/n?" My dad asked

"Yeah!" I agreed in my little squeaky voice.

"Ok! Let's go then Y/n and you can meet Lin and Luz." We then started walking to their house.